“Nice sushi, nice service”
Review of Genki Sushi

Genki Sushi
Ranked #37 of 268 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&q=genki+sushi+stellenbosch&aq=f&aqi=g-b2&aql=&oq=
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Good sushi, also nice vegetarian options. Good wines (as for probably all the places in the area). Recommended when you look for one in Stellenbosch.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We go here often. And every time our expectations are exceeded. The food is off-the-charts good. Service exceptional. And the hosts, what lovely people! I will recommend this gem to everyone: locals (we know!), tourists, yes try it out. And for the rest - just go and gain from a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Bertus J
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We had a delightful evening at Genki. We had delicious sushi and thai food. The atmosphere was relaxed and the service was very good. We will return for the crazy girl sushi!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Very impressed. Delicious miso soup with ample, velvety cubes of tofu and firm slices of shitake. Mouthwatering pork fried dumplings with soo and ponzu dipping, and fabulous flash fried, light battered salmon, avo, cream cheese roll. Good sized portions and reasonable prices. R170 for all of the above. Friendly service. Calamari tempura looked scrumptious but no more space. One of the best sushi/asian restaurants I've been to.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I've been to Genki about six or seven times throughout this year and last, and every single time I am just blown away by the care and flavor which is so obviously put into making their jaw-droppingly good food.

Yesterday evening was no exception; I tried the pork belly boaz with homemade kimchi and was momentarily displaced into mouth-watering, trance-like state. This was one of the single-most flavorful dishes I have ever eaten and I sincerely hope they will keep it on the menu.

As usual I dug into a buffet of crispy calamari tentacles (you have not tried deep fried calamari tentacles until you've had these and don't even try and convince me otherwise), spicy chicken skewers and prawn gyoza and for mains had another spectacular dish; Shoyu Ramen. I don't know how they managed to pack even more flavor into the broth, noodles and shaved pork, but it was fantastic. I am always disappointed by the blandless, dishwashing water-type noodles and broth served in other Asian restaurants, but this was the best I've ever eaten.

The sushi dishes are the best in Stellenbosch; make sure to try the Roll & rock shrimp with chopped tuna or salmon and special mention must go to the roof rack special. Yessss, students, we know Genki is pricey for their sushi, but you will not find better in a town of cheap, student sushi specials and rotating buffets.

Our waitress was especially friendly and made sure we were well taken care of. I very much hope to be back in the future and that Genki carries on to uphold its excellent level of food and service.