This past weekend my husband and I enjoyed 2 nights at River Manor Boutique Hotel & Spa in Stellenbosch in the Cape Winelands. A lovely old manor house with beautifully manicured gardens, warming fires indoors and approachable staff, we found the hotel a lovely spot for a weekend break.
Our room was spacious, with modern amenities while also being a little old fashioned - which I loved! We had breakfast each morning - great selection of continential and cooked, but one of the highlights was the spa treatment - a half hour back massage with 15 minutes of reflexology. Really a treat!
Stellenbosch also was great to wander around - have been there so many times, but to just chill out with no agenda was great. We went wine tasting and 'marketing' at Blaauklippen Estate, bought local wines, went to movies and went out to dinner at two great restaurants - Umami especially was lovely.
But River Manor was really relaxed, lovely to chill out at and great for a romantic getaway or weekend break :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Manor Boutique Hotel is located in the very heart of historic Stellenbosch. Our unbeatable location is within easy walking distance from everything that the historic oak-lined town has to offer. Housed in two adjacent manor houses and set in a landscaped garden on the banks of the Eerste River, we offer discerning travellers an unforgettable experience in a gloriously romantic environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your River Manor Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Manor Boutique Hotel And Spa
- River Manor Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch