“Great restaurant in Candidasa - Warung BinTang”
Review of Warung Bintang

Warung Bintang
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Candidasa
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

The food is so delicious here! We've been back nearly every day for lunch or dinner - sometimes both!

The setting is perfect, next to a rice paddy with a view across to Mt Agung with cool breezes blowing through the open side of the building. The staff from local villages are the friendliest you could ever find and they all seem very happy working here.

We've had many dishes, usually starting with an appetizer of fried calamari with a delicious sambal (perfect). You need to order the duck betutu several hours before - it is incredible. The chicken betutu was also great and was available every time we asked for it. They have many different sambals - all perfect. The BBQ snapper was moist and beautifully flavored.

And it’s very cheap!

If you are ever in Candidasa, even if only briefly, it will be a guaranteed joy for you to have lunch or dinner here.

My wife is Indonesian and this is the first time she's really enjoyed and understood what real Balinese food is. We've only been to the southern beaches before.

We just tried the Mahi Mahi with garlic and caper berry cream sauce (pictured). Beautiful! And not heavy like cream sauces can often be. First western style dish we've tried here and it clearly reflects Ketut's decades of experience in first class kitchens around Bali.

This is my first post about a restaurant. I'm only writing it because Warung BinTang is so good and, to me, represents a lot of what is wonderful about the simpler side of Bali.

Paul and Lina White

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We dined here more for the great view of Mt Agung behind the local hills. Nice view across the local rice fields and other crops being tendered by local farmers.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

It all tasted good and the view was great

The beer price is sensible for the area.

But I had shocking stomach issues the following morning. I've lived in Bali 4 months so cannot fathom any other reason for it other than what I ate here.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

basic surroundings with a beautiful view of rice fields
the best Lumpia (spring Rolls) i have ever eaten...went 4 times during my time in Candidasa. tried the curry..grilled fish..fried fish all fresh and tasty..Lovely service..chef made a fish dish for me that was not on the menu...so good..cant wait to go back..

Reviewed 3 November 2017

i come here often because I live in Candidasa. This is one of my favorit Indonesian restaurants. The taste and the makeup of the food is very good. They cook fresh and do not use substitutes like MSG. The owner and the staf are very friendly, for me it is like a home coming. The view over de rice fields and vulcano, while you are eating, is stunning. Also they can arrange group dining with Balinese dance and music, just talk with Ketut.