2,952 results
All reviews kids paradise lykia world marina restaurant kids club beach bar thomas cook football coach infinity pool main restaurant baby beach children's beach pirate show sickness bug main pool golf buggy turkish restaurant next year
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have been staying at Liberty Hotels Lykia for two weeks. We booked as a group of 2 but are part of a group of 35 people varying in age. Over half of our group have had severe sickness & diarrhoea (approximately 20 now). Now we expect a funny tummy on a holiday. But this is absolutely ridiculous. The vomiting is non stop. The diarrhoea is constant and the stomach cramps, headache and nausea is excruciating. It got so bad that 2 of our party (a child and a 72year old) were hospitalised (IN THE WRONG HOSPITAL!) When the Thomas Cook reps were informed and forms were filled out they become rude and in denial. We then approached the hotel guest relations who also became aggressive and informed us that the manager was ‘too busy doing over jobs to come meet you’. We was them told we should if seen the doctor but when told that we was unable to leave our hotel rooms we didn’t get much of a response. I wouldn’t go to the doctors back home with a sickness bug at home and that’s free! Let alone when I have to pay £50 just to see the doctor here! Thomas Cook, Liberty Lykia and their guest relations had disgusting attitudes and to say they need further training is an understatement. After our numerous complaints we notice that cleaning was done to a higher standard, food was being tested, temperatures were being checked and drinks machines were being cleaned (which hadn’t been done at all throughout our two week stay). The food is repetitive and boring, flies are able to get to the food and glasses & cutlery are filthy. We also spoke to numerous other families reporting their sickness. The only plus side of this holiday was housekeeping and the bar staff. They were so friendly and couldn’t of been more accommodating.
The hotel itself is fab! There is lots to do and most of the staff are amazing! The rooms were clean and the housekeeping were so kind. But the sickness (which I assume is food poisoning or a sickness bug) is ridiculous.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank amyl0107
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We booked the Hotel with Thomas Cook only two weeks before departure so it was probably not our preferred choice, however we were not disappointed.

The Thomas Cook flights are horrendous, there is no getting away from that fact. The flight times to/from Newcastle are awful, the leg room is terrible and when it finally comes to returning home, their airport liaison staff haven’t got a clue as to how to organise the hundreds of customers trying to get checked in. I’d definitely recommend Priority Check-in or online check-in instead of that fiasco.

Back to the hotel though. On our very late arrival there was a young lad waiting to greet us with a very swift check in process. The porter then took us to our room on the hotel cart/buggy on what was only a short walk from the reception tbh. We were located on the 1st floor of the Olympus block. Anyway the porter helped us to our room with our luggage, I don’t think he expected a tip but I felt guilty as he walked away...a 10 lira tip would probably have been a nice gesture here.

On entering the room it was immediately very clear that the rooms had become a little tired and in need of renovation yet they had adequate facilities and were very clean - which is probably the most important thing when arriving so late. In the light of morning my opinion of the room didn’t change too much although after trying out the rain shower that did help to lift my spirits. All in all the room did us well for a weeks stay and they were always cleaned well and towels were changed daily.

On the first morning we opted for the late breakfast which is located above the main restaurant. All I can say was we made sure we got down for the main breakfast each morning following that...it wasn’t great. Every following morning though we made it for breakfast around 8am. You will not get a full English so don’t go there expecting that but the choice you do have is fantastic and the quality of food is very good. I highly recommend the freshly made-to-order omelettes. By 9am the restaurant gets immensely busy so do get down early as possible. Lunchtimes and dinner are much the same with lots of choice and good quality but the amount of people trying to get served can be somewhat difficult and does occasionally get frustrating.
The Al a carte restaurants however are a different experience altogether. We went for the Turkish and Steak restaurants and would highly recommend those to anyone visiting as they are both extremely good.

Relaxing: the beach isn’t really my thing but when you have hundreds of honey bees flying about it isn’t really a very relaxing experience even if you do like a beach. The beach itself is kept very clean buf you are packed in under large canopies with only a few loungers our in the sun. There is also a family section with wave breaker in place too which looked lovely but we didn’t have the opportunity to experience it for ourselves. The pools do offer a different experience however. For families with kids the water park area is brilliant. The general pool is good too, and for adult (over 16s) there is an infinity pool which is fabulous. The bees are always a constant presence in most areas but you do get used to them. If you’ve experienced reactions to stings then you may want to consider some kind or repellent etc just in case.

Facilities and staff that we had interaction with were all very friendly and knew their roles well. Ozan in the main restaurant, and the young trainee (sorry, I forgot her name) in the hotel liaison team were fabulous.

A few points to note.
We took the Turkish bath and treatments direct through the guys working there not sold by Thomas Cook as we’d heard that you get a better deal...and we did BUT perhaps you may want to consider a cheaper option in Olu Deniz for a fraction of the price.
And finally tipping. Although it is an All inclusive resort and tipping isn’t essential, it does get you a better service. The staff are not paid brilliantly so a small tip goes a long way. Your kindness is appreciated and will make your stay a much better one.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Botch77
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

First time in turkey we booked this hotel to join a group of 37 other people. Can not fault the hotel it’s self, there is so much to do that you can not get bored. It’s clean, you do not have to worry about towels on beds and the rooms are great for families. The food was a great variety but one by one 15 out 37 got ill, ranging from 8 yr old to a 72 yr old and it takes about two days out of your holiday as recovering is just sleeping all day. Two got sent to hospital the eldest stayed in overnight and the youngest got put on a drip not a nice experience for a parent. I would give this hotel a 5* but after spending a night in the hospital with my 8 yr old I’ve given it a 3*. They know something is wrong but just choose to ignore it. Would recommend the hotel just don’t eat there lol.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Jwarwick09
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Just got back from this place, absolutely great time.
We are family of 4 (11 months old and 11 year old girl), as it was on the edge August / September I would say it got slightly less busy, which was definitely huge plus.
The only thing, I would change if I go again - take private transport from the airport and probably choose different flights if possible as that can be fairly exhausting considering traveling with baby.
Food - absolutely amazing, from fresh orange juice for b'fast, coffees, healthy option to full english b'fast, probably haven't seen black pudding though, lunches and dinners huge selection, with fresh fish (we had tuna 4 days in row as chef cooked it to our liking, even done sashimi for our daughter - hubby had to tip chef 3 days in row:-), prawns, meets, salads, fresh pizza, amazing selection of deserts, but don't worry fries and burger always there...., you can either sit outside by or in air con restaurant, although the whole buffet is outside, so get very warm.
Drinks - great cocktails, decent wine, normal selection of soft drinks, full fridges of bottles of water always available where ever in resort you are, also in the room, and if you are willing to spare some tips, you can even take bottle of wine to the room.
Location - amazing scenery, great location, there is nothing much around, as the resorts lays in between hills, private beach, about 10mins out of town.
Get ready for walking up and down the stairs, although there are lifts in main area, plus the children paradise is up the hill, but there is resort bus circling around and if you happy to spare cash to tips then porters would definitely take you on golf buggy. Childern paradise - wouldn't called it aquapark, more likely small water park, few small slide, but great place for kids I would say up till 7ish years old, but down side of that part of the resort is huge presents of bees, while we were there one morning 3 kids stood on one end.
Staff - very friendly staff, great entertainment team with huge selection of activities
Baby club - from 6mths - 3 years you can leave your child with great staff, after settling on first day for 1 hour with regular check ups, then you can leave your child for up to 3hrs at a time (9:00 - 12:00, 15:00 - 18:00, and evening session), my daughter stayed only 3 times as she is too addicted to me so after that I didn't try anymore.
Finally, get ready for rip off from travel companies within the resort, as there is nothing around, unless you want to travel to town, and buy cigarettes in resort - on the airport are double the price.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Lucie P
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We visited this paradise haven the last 2 weeks of August as a family of 3 with our 12 year old son. We stayed in x block in a beautifully refurbished room complete with a daily restocked minibar,
We all had the most fantastic 2 weeks of relaxation and fun, The whole resort is absolutely stunning with incredible views of the mountains and sea wherever you look.
The food is plentiful and amazing amount of selection for every meal, The customer service is the best I have ever encountered and is what really makes this resort stand head and shoulders above the rest
Special mention to Erdoğan and all the lads at the beach bar for their incredible cocktails and first class customer service, all the staff here work incredibly hard and are so polite and prompt with service.
The amount of trips available in this region and cheapness of price make it unbeatable as a holiday region ❤️
Our flight was delayed 24 hours and we were relocated to another 5 star resort which looked lovely, but the staff felt cold in comparison.
Only problem is we have been spoiled beyond belief at lykkia and I can't see my self returning to 3 star hotel scene, as you are GUARANTEED a perfect holiday here.
We will be returning in 2020 for sure.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family