“Fantastic hotel, so pleased we stayed here!”

Miravida Soho Hotel & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed at the Miravida for four nights at the end of our holiday and were really pleased with our choice. The hotel itself is small and personable, with a beautiful interior. We had the big loft room at the top (room 4) which had it's own little balcony- very nice to sit out on whilst enjoying a bottle of wine. The room was cleaned to a very high standard every day.
The breakfast here was a real highlight- it is included in the price and you take your pick from a small but incredibly tast menu.
All of the wine we tried here was excellent, but our favourite had to be the RD- the stories that went with the various wines were fascinating and even though we didn't book on to one of the hotel's wine tasting sessions, we felt as if Dayna gave us a mini version of one anyway!
The staff here really go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable, they really couldn't do enough for us, whether it was storing our bags for us a couple of days before we checked in so that we could travel light on a journey up to see the Iguazu Falls, or emailing us before we checked in to see if there was anything we needed help with arranging whilst we were staying in Buenos Aires.
The owners, Frauke and Cornel, were absolutely lovely people who were really engaging with us and their other guests. When we left, Frauke grabbed one of our bags to help us out to the taxi and even gave us a big hug to send us off. Part of my job involves teaching customer service to travel and tourism students, and this hotel will be the new example I use when I teach them about faultless customer service!
If you get a chance, the bakery opposite the hotel is fantastic- very quirky with friendly staff and lovely food.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed at Miravida for 3 nights in September 2011, and it was just great! Really good service, delicious wine and tasty breakfast, nice room and location. The owners really make the difference to create a friendly feeling, taking their time to talk and help out all the guests.

When in BA this is our place from now on!

/Pierre and Thaís

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Wow, where to start – so much to tell! In August I visited Buenos Aires for a one week business trip with a colleague. Having travelled extensively this year I had grown tired of staying in stereotypical downtown chain hotels and decided to try an alternative style of accommodation in Buenos Aires. I was lucky enough to find the refreshingly different Miravida Soho Hotel and Winebar on Tripadvisor and can’t say enough good things about the stay.
In common with the great majority of reviews on the hotel found on the Trip Advisor website, my colleague and I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Miravida Soho. The hotel has a unique and authentic feel and is located just outside central Buenos Aires in the newly fashionable Palermo Soho district; it is easily accessible by underground (“el subte”) or taxi. The Palermo Soho district has a charming bohemian feel given the presence of private residences interspersed with small fashion/design outlets and numerous eclectic restaurants and bars. The owners, Frauke and Cornel, a delightful couple from Germany via numerous years in Washington DC and a brief sojourn in Puerto Rico, were the most gracious hosts and eager to share their love and knowledge of this great city by suggesting many great places to eat and drink as well as advice on how best to navigate the city and they can obtain tickets for tours, museums, tango palaces, football matches, etc.
Frauke and Cornel are ably assisted by their superb staff; Nadia makes sure the hotel operates smoothly along with Mercedes, Carolina, and Rita. Dayna, an American and budding Tango diva was particularly chatty and helpful while on duty in the bar, and, finally, I offer a special thanks to Dani, the chef, who puts together an outstanding breakfast each morning – the poached egg plate is outstanding.
The 6 rooms are clean, functional and air-conditioned. The highlight of the stay for me was enjoying a few glasses of Argentinian wine each evening in the company of Frauke, Cornel and some of the other house guests. Although it does not have a formal restaurant, the Miravida offers a very nice selection of reasonably-priced local wines and snacks (excellent empanadas and cheese plate) and they even have a modest-sized wine cellar that is worth a look-see.
I wholeheartedly endorse the Miravida Soho and will definitely book here next time I am in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I have nothing but complimentary things to say about my stay at Miravida Soho in Buenos Aires. Frauke and the staff were unfailingly polite and extremely accommodating. From the beginning they went out of their way to answer my questions, provide information, and insure that everything regarding my arrival and stay went smoothly. I arrived extremely early on a red-eye flight and went immediately to the hotel- it was well before stated check-in time yet the staff warmly welcomed me, stored my luggage, and whisked me over for a hot, made-to-order breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee until my room was ready. The hotel itself is utterly charming; the rooms were spacious and comfortable with delightful balconies overlooking the courtyard, and large modern bathrooms. The WiFi found throughout the hotel is fast and reliable. Additionally the wine bar has a good selection, and is a fun pre-dinner/nightcap place to relax. The hotel is conveniently located in Buenos Aires’ Palermo Soho neighborhood, and just a short walk to nearby shopping, parks, and restaurants. Throughout my stay, everyone was helpful with directions, answering my questions, and providing recommendations. My flight home was not until evening, but the hotel was kind enough to store my luggage until I was ready to leave, and pre-arranged a taxi service to take me to the airport at my scheduled time. Overall I cannot possibly say enough good things about my experience staying at Miravida Soho. I hope to return to Argentina in the future and will, without hesitation, stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TKHanley
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My wife, our two children, my sister in law, and I all spent the long weekend in Buenos Aires. I booked two rooms at Mira Vida Soho a couple months ago, and gave them a small deposit via Paypal. We arrived Friday and left Monday. The hotel is small, only 6 rooms, and the rates vary depending the season and the specific room, I think they range from 125 – 200 USD, but you need to contact the hotel to verify. Our rooms were wonderfully furnished, with TV, free wifi, AC, heat, and a big armoire. The bathroom was large with comfortable walk-in showers and plenty of counter space for my wife and I to get ready in the morning. Breakfast is included, but unlike most Bs. As. hotels they don’t just dump a bunch of cold cuts and pastries onto a buffet and tell guests to help themselves, instead they offer a handful of dishes like French toast, yogurt with fresh fruit and hand-made granola, or poached eggs which they prepare individually. Everything we ate was outstanding, and the service throughout our stay was top-notch. They also serve a wonderful selection of wines by the glass and bottle throughout the day and they were happy to help us find various kinds of restaurants near the hotel.

For people who want to accrue points or are hesitant to veer from well-known hotel brands Mira Vida Soho might not be the right choice; but if you like individualized service, distinctive décor, and a wonderfully comfortable space then this is definitely a good hotel to consider. They have a great deal of information on their website: http://www.miravidasoho.com, it’s in Palermo Soho, about 6 blocks from Plaza Italia and 5 blocks from Plaza Serano, on Darregueyra where it merges with Uriarte, near the intersection with Soler.

Room Tip: Each room is described on their website, there are also many photos there. We loved both 5 and 6.