“Good food - fair prices.”
Review of Lo Rafael

Lo Rafael
Ranked #307 of 6,297 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montserrat
Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Good Italian food (homemade pastas) at very reasonable prices in an uncomplicated atmosphere. The restaurant was full however we were served fast and the waitress was very friendly and helpful with the menu. If you are in the neighbourhood give it a try!

Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was near our hotel so we wandered over for lunch and soooo happy we did! Our Spanish isn't great so they found english menus for us and the owner came over to help with our ordering! I ordered from the 'menu of the day' - salad, fettucine and a really good dessert that I can't remember the name of! It's kind of unique to their restaurant so if you see a dessert on the menu that looks 'special' order it! I read the other the review saying you should 'beware of the wait staff' which I think is completely ridiculous. They couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating. They even gave us recommendations for other restaurants, where we could exchange our money, etc. so they clearly knew we were tourists (as if our Spanglish didn't tip them off!) and we didn't feel taken advantage of at all.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was the first customer for lunch on a Sunday.
Since I was alone, I asked the waitress if they had half portion of a meat dish. She was affirmative and told me that it would be enough for one person. Once I had the check in my hands, she charged a full portion of the dish! Complained about it and she said she had ordered the full meal for the kitchen. She also wanted to charge the "cubiertos" (bread) I hadn't even touch. Once again, she tried to deceive me, by telling that the "cubiertos" was charged as a table service, besides the tip!!! Anyhow, it was overall quite disappointing due to the waitress attitude. More over, while I was waiting for my dish, saw another waitress tearing the breads apart with no clean hands...

Reviewed 27 August 2012

If you are looking for a wonderful meal, with great service, at a decent price, look no further than Lo Rafael. With over 30 years of experience, you will not be disappointed.

I was hesitant to write a review, as this place is a Porteno secret, but I decided I couldn't keep it to myself. Reservations are recommended, as it tends to be packed, every night of the week.

Fresh pastas, carne, mariscos, paella, vinos y mas.

QUE RICO!!!!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I went here because it was near where I am staying, and it is raining out. But it was not a compromise at all, as the food was great! I started with a empanada del carne and followed with a paste dish with pasta stuffed with cheese and spinach with the house sauce. Most excellent, especially with a half bottle of malbec to wash it down. I should have stopped there but I went ahead and ordered the warm apple pie with ice cream, which was large enough for four to share! A good value too at a$119. Only downside is that I was looking at the set menus when the owner, trying to be helpful, gave me the english menu which did not include the specials. Also, I had to wait a bit before being seated, but it was well worth it!