“¿sabes cómo sonreír?”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montserrat
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The food was just ok.

What stood out the most, though, was the service. Two waitresses who seem like they just hate every customer who walks through the door. I happily said "hola!" to one of them, who replied to me with "si...?", as she scrunched up her face. Very nasty looking. I asked the other one;

-"¿Como estás?"
-"Bien" (not even looking at me)
-"Bien?"
-"Bien!", raising her voice (I now think I just made her angrier than she looked!).

Other than that, the manager was very nice. Before I left, I told him about the waitresses, and funnily enough he said he already knew! I guess they're related or something. So, the waitresses probably don't care about their jobs (and it shows!). I suppose, then, that management doesn't care about reviews like this, as well as the other ones about bad service I have read here!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We are coming here for more than 5 years and it is a real treat every time. The owner Sergio had a really great staff. Lomo Azul is my favorite, but everything is delicious and the service is very friendly. We advise it to our guests as well as it is very close to our "Casa Luna" tango accommodation and they all love it, for a romantic dinner for a very reasonable price. The only negative is that you often have to wait in line at peak hours.

Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Good Italian food (homemade pastas) at very reasonable prices in an uncomplicated atmosphere. The restaurant was full however we were served fast and the waitress was very friendly and helpful with the menu. If you are in the neighbourhood give it a try!

Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was near our hotel so we wandered over for lunch and soooo happy we did! Our Spanish isn't great so they found english menus for us and the owner came over to help with our ordering! I ordered from the 'menu of the day' - salad, fettucine and a really good dessert that I can't remember the name of! It's kind of unique to their restaurant so if you see a dessert on the menu that looks 'special' order it! I read the other the review saying you should 'beware of the wait staff' which I think is completely ridiculous. They couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating. They even gave us recommendations for other restaurants, where we could exchange our money, etc. so they clearly knew we were tourists (as if our Spanglish didn't tip them off!) and we didn't feel taken advantage of at all.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was the first customer for lunch on a Sunday.
Since I was alone, I asked the waitress if they had half portion of a meat dish. She was affirmative and told me that it would be enough for one person. Once I had the check in my hands, she charged a full portion of the dish! Complained about it and she said she had ordered the full meal for the kitchen. She also wanted to charge the "cubiertos" (bread) I hadn't even touch. Once again, she tried to deceive me, by telling that the "cubiertos" was charged as a table service, besides the tip!!! Anyhow, it was overall quite disappointing due to the waitress attitude. More over, while I was waiting for my dish, saw another waitress tearing the breads apart with no clean hands...