“Delicious steaks”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montserrat
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The first night we went here, it was heaving with locals - always a good sign. However, they managed to accommodate us. The food is Argentinian/Italian. We had variations of steak with and without sauces. The wine was very reasonably priced. We returned the next day - a quieter night with the owner in mourning because Boca had lost to local rivals River. Another enjoyable meal was had.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I loved eating at this restaurant when I was staying in Buenos Aires - the steaks are excellent and the portions generous. While I always found the owner to be attentive and friendly, the rest of the staff were generally the opposite, unfortunately.

1  Thank meanderingcailin
Reviewed 19 March 2013

this a very nice little place with a typical Argentine ambience and great food and nce waiters
we have been there twice and both time came out very satisfied and with a great feeling to recommend the place for a nice dinner
the food is not absolutely perfect - the pasta was slightly overdone - but the restaurant does have a good 'karma' and we just felt great

Reviewed 12 March 2013

The food was just ok.

What stood out the most, though, was the service. Two waitresses who seem like they just hate every customer who walks through the door. I happily said "hola!" to one of them, who replied to me with "si...?", as she scrunched up her face. Very nasty looking. I asked the other one;

-"¿Como estás?"
-"Bien" (not even looking at me)
-"Bien?"
-"Bien!", raising her voice (I now think I just made her angrier than she looked!).

Other than that, the manager was very nice. Before I left, I told him about the waitresses, and funnily enough he said he already knew! I guess they're related or something. So, the waitresses probably don't care about their jobs (and it shows!). I suppose, then, that management doesn't care about reviews like this, as well as the other ones about bad service I have read here!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We are coming here for more than 5 years and it is a real treat every time. The owner Sergio had a really great staff. Lomo Azul is my favorite, but everything is delicious and the service is very friendly. We advise it to our guests as well as it is very close to our "Casa Luna" tango accommodation and they all love it, for a romantic dinner for a very reasonable price. The only negative is that you often have to wait in line at peak hours.