“Excellent hospitality, spacious and clean apartments, fantastic location.”
Review of Le Batiment

Le Batiment
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I was a little apprehensive staying in an apartment instead of a hotel during our two week trip to Argentina. Best decision of the trip. We checked-in/out multiple times as we made side trips to El Calafate and Iguazu.

Mathias, took great care of us. He arranged airport pick-ups / drop-offs using prepaid taxi services so that there was no stress about traveling in and out of BA at odd hours. We left some bags behind while making these trips and had very flexible check in / out times. He gave us good tips on traveling locally, places nearby to eat / laundry service, etc. He arranged a fantastic package for a very nice Tango show at discounted prices.

The location is very central with three subway lines a short walk away. The neighborhood is very safe and reasonably quiet with the supermarket and mall close by. It does not have a laundry service, but there is one just around the block, and they deliver the laundry.

Very very happy with the place.

Room Tip: Always pick a higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 November 2016

The location is in a very quiet part of Recoleta, albeit somewhat of a far walk from areas of interests to many tourists. The project itself actually consists of a couple of what appear to be recently remodeled 5 story buildings. My late night check-in just before midnight was uneventful as the night clerk found my reservation without difficulty and escorted me to a unit on the 4th floor. The very limited staff does not speak English but are quite friendly and professional. The security measures were modern and impressive utilizing a fingerprint scanner and key card through metal double gated entry doors to gain access to the building. The apartment itself was quite large, with a full sized well equipped kitchen, a queen size bed and a twin bed which doubled as a couch, a small work desk with an uncomfortable chair, a small plastic dining table with 4 basic chairs, an in room safe and adequate closet space (but no drawers). The split duct air-conditioning unit kept the room very cool, and the free Wi-Fi performed very good with no problems. The small bathroom had a full size shower (no bath tub) with lots of hot water and good pressure. A few issues which might not make this a good choice for families is that neither maid nor towel service is included, although these services are available for an additional fee of about US$15/day. As towel exchange costs US$2-$3 per towel, the maid service might be a better choice if you are staying than just a few days. Noise is also potential concern as the hard wood/laminate floors loudly transmit the sound from moving chairs and furniture to the below unit. A large supermarket is less than a block away and a small neighborhood park with a running path and outdoor exercise equipment is also just steps from the building. Plenty of eating places are within walking distance and a local pizza delivery restaurant is across the street. At less than US$50/night, these accommodations are recommended with the above caveats, keeping in mind this is a residential apartment building with vacation rentals and not a hotel.

Room Tip: The top floor is recommended.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I travelled to Argentina to visit family but did not want to stay in a hotel as I prefer having my own place, including kitchen, when travelling. After doing a lot of research, and with the help of my cousins, I selected Le Batiment. I am very glad I did. The location is excellent, in a fairly safe area of the city and within walking distance to many shops and places to eat, supermarkets and public transportation. The apartment was exceptionally clean, very spacious and comfortable and the staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. I had made my reservation online at one of the many travel websites. I selected the upgraded room for it's larger size and because the description stated that the upgraded apartment had a balcony. When I checked in, however, the room they gave me did not have a balcony. Apparently the listed description online was a mistake, however, after some discussion and showing the front desk staff what the particular travel website I used had listed on their website for an upgraded room, they were very apologetic and did move me to a room with a balcony at no extra charge. The only minuses to my entire experience were the lack of a coffee maker in the room (although they did have a kettle) and the spotty wifi. The wifi did not work from my room for most of the week. It did, however, work well on the first floor. Overall, I highly recommend Le Batiment.

Room Tip: if you want a room with a balcony, call the hotel directly. If you want reliable wifi, ask for a roo...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2015

I have been in Le Batiment 15-20.1.2015 and 30-31.1.2015 with wife and 2 children (3 and 5 years).
If we travel very important for us are : cleaning and service. Le Batiment have both on perfect level.
Rooms are very nice and clean. Beds are confortable (double bed is so big that we could sleep there whole family:-)). If you need baby crib is free of charge.
Location - very safe, you can walk in the night. Supermarket - about 100m from apartment.Bus-just 30m.
Santa Fe and Cordoba-just few minutes.
Recoleta cementary-30min walking.
Atraction for children-playground on the squere just 80m from apartment (unfortunately we didn't have enought time to go there with children as Buenos Aires is beatifull and there is a lot thinks to see:-)).
In Abastoshopping center (about 1km) there is also Museo de los Ninos (super atraction for children).
And service - in scale 0-10 Matias have to have 11.He is really very,very helpful. Matias-thanks a lot.
I recommend thios place and for sure going to Buenos Aires once again I would chose Le Batiment.
Artur from Poland

Room Tip: I had a room with balcony but I have seen other as well - all was perfect
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Artur F
Reviewed 26 December 2014

We arrived early into Buenos Aires after 24 hours of travel. They kindly let us check in by 10 am at no extra charge. We also arranged to have them pick us up at the airport. They charged us $36 US for the ride. Well worth it not to have to navigate weird traffic. I think this the going rate anyway. The day clerk was helpful and spoke English well. The night clerk spoke no English but helped us solve our problems with our adapters. We felt very safe there. There were no restaurants nearby but you could walk places. We found several markets nearby. The kitchenette was very handy. We cooked ravioli from the local store. There was also a butcher nearby but we didn´t use it. The kitchenette had pots, pans, collander, a few cooking utensils, plates, cups, bowls, silverware...everything we needed.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family