“Very charming golf course in a charming city.”

Lagos de Palermo Golf Club
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Yes, you can play a round of golf 18 holes over 6500 yards for less than a meal at McDonald. Pesos $105. Only on Tuesdays.
Mondays are closed. When it rains, it closes too. For the rest of the days there are extra $200 pesos because of tournament. Everyone must pay this. This is for the ones who keep a local handicap and yes, there will be a a cup if you are the winner.
I enjoy playing in this course, people are usually friendly. Once I ran into an American airline flight attendant who takes a bus from his hotel with his golf clubs to play golf at this course. I can never imagine this in any other city of the world.
Don't expect the course to be like Augusta. However, as a golf course in a busy city this is more than decent.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We had pre-booked a tee time before our trip and made arrangements to rent some of the clubs for my 7 year old and me. The guy at the Pro Shop was very helpful and had everything set up. The staff at the course was a whole different experience. Firstly, I was told that it's 70 peso to play 18 hole but when we arrived, they insisted that I had to pay 200 peso as there would be a tournament. (I saw no signs of that). 200 peso is still very affordable so I was willing to pay. We were partnered with an elderly man and even before my daughter made her first swing, he was very unhappy to play with a child and started to complain.

We are both beginners at golf and are working towards getting a handicap with a proficiency, which I had told the concerige at the hotel and he assured me that this is a city course open to all levels and not a high end course. But the man was very unhappy and insisted that my Daughter couldn't play. I requested for us to go after him but the staff maintained that they are running on a tight tee schedule - even though I didn't see anyone behind us and it was mostly empty when we left two hours later.

We ended up going to the practice area but didn't get to play the game. Very disappoined since we have spent more than USD$100 renting the clubs.

Course was also not well maintained and overall, it felt like a very poorly run club! Our visit to Buenos Aires overall was fantastic but the visit to the golf club was so disappointing!

1  Thank Jelisa13
Reviewed 14 October 2015

The Course address is Avenida Torquist, 6397. They are not on Libertad. Typical municipal course. Flat and easy to walk. Course in reasonable condition, for the price they charge it is a bargain. I enjoyed the round which I played with a local couple. 18-hole par 72. There is some sand traps. Water comes into play only on a few holes. 4 sets of tees from 5,709 to 6,585 meters. My only complaint was at the end neither the starter, pro shop or snack bar would call me a taxi. Flagged one down a he drove by,

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Just walking around, biking, or jogging, whatever you prefer, is highly recommended to visit and e in touch with gardens and the whole park in general.

1  Thank MaritaB
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Whether a visitor or living in BA this course is great primarily because of the location. There are other lovely courses dotted around an hour or two from town.
The suns out, a free after noon and you can be on the 1st Tee in 20 minutes in a cab from Palermo, Recoleta, Barrio Norte, Belgrano etc.
I paid $50 pesos, about US$9, for a 4 hour round on a proper 7000 yard course smack bang in the middle of a major world city.
Fantastic value for money.
The course is well kept but not pristine. It is a municipal course and everyone is welcome.
The general feel of the staff and other golfers is relaxed and unpretentious with mixed ability players all enjoying the course.
The are some fun holes, the Par 3s stick in my mind. One is over a lake, another over a wooded copse and another playing up to a volcano type mound with a plateau green.
There are lots of trees, bird life and nature and a great escape within a bustling city. US$9 is merely a token payment as most visitors especially would regard US$30 as good value for the round.
However, Golf clubs, bags and equipment is very expensive in Argentina. If you are coming from the US or Europe etc bring a US$300 set of clubs, use them for a week and sell them when you leave. A local golfer would likely pay you US$450 for them and thank you for it!!

6  Thank ArgyGrubLover