Rooney's Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nuevo Hotel Callao(Buenos Aires)
Bauen Hotel(Buenos Aires)
Average 3/5
  • Free Internet
Hotel Americano(Buenos Aires)
Good 3.5/5
Atlas Tower Hotel(Buenos Aires)
Savoy Hotel(Buenos Aires)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Bauen Suite Hotel(Buenos Aires)
Hotel Lyon(Buenos Aires)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Milan(Buenos Aires)
Average 3/5
All reviewshigh ceilingsantique furniturecage liftold world styleheart of buenos airesbring earplugscentral baspent two nightsthree nightsfacing the streetwithin easy walking distanceyogurtthe location is perfectrooneyskieranargentinaelevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2016

You are in the heart of Buenos Aires the location is perfect. I can’t say enough about the staff. They were knowledgeable and beyond helpful, from sending out our laundry to booking opera tickets for us online. They did it all and were happy to help. They make the place!!

The hotel itself is very European with high ceilings and two sitting areas where we hung out most of the time catching up and sipping wine.

We had four of the rooms and they all were a little different but very basic.

Improvements
• New mattresses – this makes or breaks a trip for me. They were old and lumpy and very uncomfortable.
• New TV’s - not that we had much time to watch TV but they could be updated.
• Bathroom make over – it’s tiny and the shower curtain sticks to you while you are trying to shower.

That said everything was very clean and cleaned daily.

Breakfast was provided each morning. Fresh fruits, breads, coffee, cereal, yoghurt and pastries.

The WIFI was good and you didn’t need a password, that said one of our friends stayed on the other side and didn’t have a strong signal.

This is a great value for sure.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Amazing, pay the extra 10 bucks for the tub, worth it. great serivice, like staying in a castle, 14 foot high ceilings, great staff, clean and good location. It was truly a remarkable room, lovely everything. A little loud at night as there were clubs across the street but was very nice place for sure, and we have stayed in a lot.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the upgraded room, huge and balcony with tub, but a bit loud if you leave the doors open.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Staff are really helpful on how to use public transportation/local attractions and speak perfect English. Very nicely decorated rooms with high ceilings as per the pictures online. The hotel is located in a very central part of the city and close to public transport, cafes and restaurants nearby.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 10 July 2016

My husband and I decided to take a long weekend to make our first visit to Buenos Aires and unfortunately I didn't have much time to study up on much in advance. After doing a little searching I booked Rooney's but I began to doubt my decision after speaking with a few folks who'd visited BA before. I was told there were more exciting neighborhoods but I have to say - my instincts were right! Rooney's was a great place to stay. Let's start with the location. It was within easy walking distance to many of the major sites in the city and there were plenty of restaurants just a few blocks away. I loved staying in a hotel with some history and at times I felt like I was staying in an old chateau, And I loved being able to take a bird-cage elevator to get to the hotel. Amazing and I felt like I'd stepped back in time!! There were only a couple of other guests at the hotel while we were there and at times we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Instead of having coffee or breakfast in the dining area I would take my coffee in the "tango" room where the bar was located. Truthfully, the place felt cozy. The staff at Rooney's are wonderful and I just can't say enough good about them. They booked tours for us, answered all sorts of questions, gave us lots of directions and recommendations and generally made us feel at home. In the evening it was wonderful to come back after a long day of walking and sightseeing to enjoy a glass of wine which they kindly served. Our room was very spacious and well furnished with a sizable wardrobe and a safe. The room even had a small balcony. The one challenge was the bathroom. It is tiny. The shower was fine but the challenge was getting to the sink. Our bathroom was divided into two parts so on one side of the room was the shower and lavatory and the other side of the room was the toilet. I actually liked this arrangement. The rooms are located on busy streets and at certain times of the day and night things can get a little noisy but the good thing is that there are solid shutters and a buffering curtain to help minimize noise. But there is a huge benefit to staying on a busy street because there is an available taxi anytime you need one,

We very much enjoyed our trip which was greatly enhanced by our cozy stay at Rooney's. The hotel staff were the best.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holtie
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

This was an out of the box surprise for our first visit to Buenos Aires. It is located in one of the wonderful atmospheric Belle Époque apartment buildings in Sarmiento within easy walking distance of the cenotaph and the city centre. It has a (mostly) functioning cage lift, wonderful high ceilings, ancient but effective hydronic central heating, functional and comfortable furnishings, small fridge, safe and TV. The breakfast is Latin continental with addition of fresh fruit, wholemeal bread, strong coffee and cereal. It's location is good for restaurants, banks, theatres and the Subte metro. Very helpful staff. Can't recommend it highly enough if anonymous hotels are not your thing.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple