All reviews bread in town small room the breakfast area lots of restaurants hot water yogurt simple hotel coffee boutique space stars courtyard type mate stretch heat
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Love this place! Right now, I’m sitting outside in a little courtyard drinking tea before I have breakfast. I passed the breakfast area to get to the courtyard and there are white tablecloths on all the tables. There is another table with pitchers of orange juice, coffee and hot water for tea and mate as well as yogurt and baskets if croissants and melalunas. Looks delicious! Small room, but has comfortable queen bed, tv, a/c, etc. I did not travel all the way from the US to hang out in my room! So much to see and do and eat outside of Hotel! Love this little courtyard! We are the only guests out here leisurely enjoying our morning. Front desk has been super accommodating helping us find restaurants, supermarket and with some internet issues. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I stayed with a mate at this 2 star hotel because everything else in town was booked out for the rugby, so I went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were small but clean, the bathroom was functional (although a sign says 4 minute wait for hot water and that was optimistic). However the best thing was the service. We asked a young guy at reception to help unlock the room safe, find us rugby tickets and maybe a cold beer, and 5 minutes later we were sipping a cold cervasa with an unlocked safe and a contact with a tour group for the game. Breakfast was plain but did the trick, and the location was central and safe. Definitely worth more than 2 stars!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Smaall room. Dirty bathroom. Noise from the hallway. Noise from the street.
Had to ask for towels at the reception. Did not get toiletpaper - had to go and buy. The breakfast was bad. Only some sweet cakes, sweet youghurt.
The people in the reception was helpful. That was the most positive with the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2017

The Abril Hotel Botique has zero fanciness. There are no cozy comforts, the rooms are very small, and they are extremely basic. However, my own room was clean (even under the bed) and comfortable in a monastic way. It was in the back of the hotel and therefore very quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful during my 3 days there. The central location is unbeatable. The breakfast, very basic.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms in the back.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I would not recommend this hotel. My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights. The room was incredibly dirty and very small. The sheets had several stains on them, the pillows needed to be replaced and generally the hotel was very old and broken down. The bathroom is tiny and would completely flood when showering, despite closing the curtain and putting towels down.

On the second day we returned to our hotel in the afternoon and discovered our room had not been cleaned, no towels had been replaced etc. The hotel refused to clean it that afternoon and said it would be done the following day. We stayed in two different rooms and both of them looked nothing like the photos online. Breakfast is a joke - rock solid, stale bread rolls, croissants and fruit loops. No fruit, toast etc.

Not hotel standard, would not return here ever.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple