All reviews plaza independencia in town small room the breakfast area lots of restaurants hot water yogurt simple hotel coffee boutique couple space courtyard type mate stretch heat
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We really like this hotel. Our room was fairly large and we weren't cramped for space in any way, lots of storage/wardrobe room. Yes the water takes a long time to heat up but so does ours at home - not a problem. Great deck to sit on for morning coffee or evening drinks or the garden downstairs. The location is ideal, the staff are ultra friendly & speak excellent English. Some people complain about the breakfast but it is really enough to start your day although I would have liked some fresh fruit. The fresh orange juice was amazing better than the powdered type at other hotels.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

2 stars might be slightly harsh as the room was comfortable enough & hotel is pretty clean, basic and small but the room is ok. The sticking point is the breakfast as it is so shockingly bad. If I was staying here for any longer I would have to go elsewhere and pay for an actual breakfast. You have cereals and juice, fair enough; a couple of pastrys (overly sweet ad flaky) and a couple of croissants in an awful sugary coating (not the soft buttery croiussants you might expect). To top it off the ‘toast’ wasn’t even actual bread, it was melba toast. Yes, no bread, just cold cheap melba toast. If you’re staying here or thibking of booking just disregard the inclusion of breakfast, you’ll be less dissapointed. Having said this, the location is a plus point: it’s close to a few of the main streets (where you’ll need to go for your brekkie anyway!) and also close to the plaza independencia.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I think "boutique" is a bit of a stretch, but this is a very pleasing hotel, simple but comfortable accommodation. It would have been nice to have a kettle in the rooms, and a bit more variety at breakfast (like some fruit) but that's minor. Location is great, close to main square and lots of restaurants nearby. My room's window opened up right onto the main walkway so I was a bit nervous about keeping it open all night, that wasn't ideal.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Love this place! Right now, I’m sitting outside in a little courtyard drinking tea before I have breakfast. I passed the breakfast area to get to the courtyard and there are white tablecloths on all the tables. There is another table with pitchers of orange juice, coffee and hot water for tea and mate as well as yogurt and baskets if croissants and melalunas. Looks delicious! Small room, but has comfortable queen bed, tv, a/c, etc. I did not travel all the way from the US to hang out in my room! So much to see and do and eat outside of Hotel! Love this little courtyard! We are the only guests out here leisurely enjoying our morning. Front desk has been super accommodating helping us find restaurants, supermarket and with some internet issues. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I stayed with a mate at this 2 star hotel because everything else in town was booked out for the rugby, so I went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were small but clean, the bathroom was functional (although a sign says 4 minute wait for hot water and that was optimistic). However the best thing was the service. We asked a young guy at reception to help unlock the room safe, find us rugby tickets and maybe a cold beer, and 5 minutes later we were sipping a cold cervasa with an unlocked safe and a contact with a tour group for the game. Breakfast was plain but did the trick, and the location was central and safe. Definitely worth more than 2 stars!

Date of stay: October 2017