All reviews plaza chile great location hot water fresh fruit mac cheese living area the air conditioning rooms are spacious front desk staff corkscrew argentina units kettle internet
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We booked a room with 2 twin beds and a double, and it was huge! It was divided into one private bedroom and then the twin beds were in a large communal area. Each room had AC and TV, and it was amazingly spacious. It is also right across from Plaza Chile, and our room had a nice view. The staff were all very friendly and professional. The breakfast was delicious, with scrambled eggs, ham, cheese, fresh juice, medialunas, a variety of breads and cereal, and excellent coffee. The WiFi was not the fastest, but hotel WiFi rarely is. Overall, I think it would be hard to find something this great for the price. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Our group of students and faculty members stayed in this hotel for about a week during a study-abroad trip. I have a very positive opinion of the hotel guest experience and a moderate opinion of their meeting-hosting skills.

Regarding the hotel guest experience, for a property at this price point, it is close to top-notch. The rooms/suites are quite large (I had a room to myself and felt like I was living in a small apartment). Although the cooking facilities are somewhat rudimentary, I found that the staff was very prompt in providing additional items on request; for example, my request for a corkscrew resulted in someone knocking on my door in about 3 minutes – and she also handed me some candy!

The housekeeping staff is excellent. They not only replenish all items, but they seem to take great care in changing the sheets and sweeping/mopping the floor. One can walk around in white socks without getting them dirty! I was able to chat with a couple of the staff members using my rudimentary Spanish, and they were unfailingly polite and eager to serve.

The breakfast offerings are adequate. There was a container of scrambled eggs available each morning along with yogurt (spoonable and drinkable), some cold cereal choices, ham/cheese plate, a great bowl of mixed fresh fruit, toast, and various pastry options (none that were all that great, in my opinion). Some of the pastries do change a little from day to day, but otherwise the buffet is fairly repetitious. The tables do fill up at peak times, and the wait staff seems fairly slow in clearing them, so sometimes one must sit at a table looking at someone else’s dirty dishes if one wants to eat.

The wifi/Internet service is quite variable in the hotel. It seemed to be fairly good in some places but very undependable in others. Based on what my Argentine friends tell me (and some real data back them up on this), Argentina’s overall Internet connectivity lags that of much of the industrial world. (I saw a statistic showing Argentina’s average download speed at about 1/3 of the average worldwide.) So perhaps some of this is a function of the country’s Internet challenges; even so, when things work well in one part of the building but poorly in others, that strikes me as something the hotel management could focus on.

While the general hotel experience is a very good one, things are not as smooth when it comes to the hosting of meetings. As far as I can tell, their only real meeting space (at least for more than a dozen people) is on the top (4th) floor. Although the staff was fairly prompt in setting up the room as we requested, we had significant trouble one day in getting them to find/deliver the proper projector. Also, due to some sort of miscommunication with the staff, they did not bring the morning break refreshments one day. To the general manager’s credit, however, she wrote us an effusive note of apology about that latter mixup. The 4th floor room seems to have only one output for the air conditioning (a large blower and vent mounted at the ceiling in the back of the room). So we had constant tension regarding the room temperature, with those in the back claiming they were freezing and those in the front saying they were hot. (The outside temperature was often approaching 100 degrees Fahrenheit [38 Celcius] during our January stay.)

The property has two elevators that can used by guests, but on about half of the days of our stay, only one of the two was working. Even when service was restored to the faltering one, the light on the floor selection buttons were not working so it was never clear whether it had registered one’s floor choice or not.

Overall, I highly recommend this property for general hotel stays. I would be a bit wary of scheduling a business meeting here.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I like the size of the room and the bed was for me very comfortable. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. The only suggestion I would make is to play more relaxed music at the restaurant. The commercial songs don't match the atmosphere.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2017

The hotel is clearly trying to modernize and renovate, so some of the corridors and elevators are not yet in pristine condition. The rooms, however, are clean, quiet and comfortable. Wi-Fi, though available (free) is still having kinks worked out of the system. Location is ideal - close to all shopping though bordering Plaza Chile and not on the busiest streets. Front desk staff are wonderful and speak English. Breakfast is decent (the fresh fruit salad is exceptional), though the restaurant otherwise has a very limited menu. 10-15 minute walk to major "restaurant streets", and if you are involved with the university it is a 5-10 minute taxi ride away.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Great location, just across from the square but the hotel was disappointing. We overlooked a scruffy block wall with a courtyard/service area below our lounge & bedroom windows. This was used by staff to chat and smoke (which drifted up into our room) I thought the breakfast was average and finding a staff member in the dining room was difficult.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple