“Needs upkeep! Food: mediocre”
Review of La Bianca

La Bianca
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Resistencia
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I went with my sister. She goes often there. I had Budín de berenjenas. Absolutely not good: sweet, with eggs?, eggplants: mushy, tasteless. Then I had the canelones de verdura: regular, salty. Expensive for the kind of food. Terrible bathrooms. Poor service. Will not go back for sure!

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The meals are standards ones, there are no suprises here. It's a takeaway service more than a restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2016
Thank Gustavo R. B
Reviewed 24 August 2015

I don't know whether this place has recently been sold to another owner, whether we went in at a bad time, ordered poorly, or other reviewers have simply not been to the same great establishments we have in Argentina; but our experience of La Bianca is far from good, and way-off the Lonely Planet's rave review.

My partner and I went in at 8.30pm, and were the only people in the place, bar 1 other table. This wouldn't normally be an issue except here there were 8 wait-staff, 5 of which were just sitting in the dinning area, 2 on their phones, another just aimlessly tearing up paper - hardly professional, and we felt like we were intruding on their personal time.

Despite other people's mentions of "good value" etc, we were surprised at how expensive the menu was, compared with other, similar restaurants in the city. Having eaten our bodyweight in steak over the past week, my partner and I decided to eat something alternative - I ordered pasta, my partner a salad.

Firstly, the menu divides pasta into price for pasta, and additional price for sauce (I've never seen this in my life), and only after ordering did I realise this, meaning I paid more for simple (not very tasty nor satisfying) cheese pasta than I had in many other restaurants for a 300g steak and papas fritas.

The salad was equally as poor; for what the lonely planet calls generous portions, my partner was served little more than a cupful of cold rice, with tomato and onion mixed in. Neither generous, nor a salad, in our opinion. When we enquired, we discovered all the salads are rice based, and all that same small size.

The house red was another disaster, tasting more like sour grape juice than the fine wines we were used to tasting throughout the rest of the province and country. A real shame of a meal, which cost us the better half of our hotel room price. We ended up getting fries and beers from a takeaway place to satisfy us on the way home.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Try some "paquete". Parana River is close, eat some fish. Some options can be shared. Regular service but enjoy the familiar style. Relax, lunch in this region is an opportunity to chat with friends.

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank Juan F
Reviewed 11 October 2012

everything.....specially the cleaning is dessapointments...i dont like the time U´spend to recibe the order....cold food....is no fun....boring place and locatión only cute "the name" La Bianca

Date of visit: September 2012