“Very poor - must improve”

Mercure Iguazu Hotel Iru Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 134 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This restaurant could be so good ... however, we had a series of disappointments.

Breakfast - very limited selection. Toasters take ages to heat up.

Lunch / dinner - no atmosphere. Stale food. Poor service. Wines on the list had run out - and the ones they had left were extremely expensive and over- priced.

Go to the local town ... it's not far away but the selection of restaurants and quality of food is worth the short trip.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We had lunch as we were staying at the hotel. We were only ones in the restaurant. We had Caesar salad empanadas and two kids meals. All average.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Really nice a la carte menu with rich choice of food, also very suitable and tasty for children. Portions are big and delicious in taste. Cocktails from the bar without remark, try the Pisco Sour, pleasant to the taste. Wine menu with local and South American choice, excellent.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I have to confess that I do not like to eat inside the hotel I stay, and maybe my review is already conditioned by that. Since the hotel is a bit far (not walking distance) from the centre, I decided to have dinner here. I can say that the food was a bit better than I was expecting. The prices are OK for a high-level hotel. If you feel to stay in to the hotel, the food and the atmosphere will be OK.

1  Thank Jorge_Guedes
Reviewed 8 February 2017

We dined in this place because it was the hotel's restaurant and we had arrived late, and not having a car to go downtown it was the only option. This being a luxury hotel, we were expecting an expensive dinner. To our surprise, prices were very reasonable, and I would even say cheap for the place we were in: the restaurant is beautiful, well done, a real pleasure to stay; the food was really excellent; the wine exquisite. Overall, a 5-star experience. A must go if you stay at this hotel.

3  Thank Enrico543