“Friday Night Disappointment”

Serrano's Mexican Food Restaurant
Ranked #198 of 1,086 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Our meals all 4 of us were just okay not at all tasty but less than average. The service was not up to par, very slow and one order left out completely. Then when we got our check none of the margaritas were charged and we thought it was a complimentary because of the poor service. When we said thank you the check was taken back and said that there was a computer error and our bill got jacked back up again. And for a Friday night before we went to a concert we saw that the crowd was not a crowd at all but very few people out eating between 5:30 and 7. (maybe 6-8 tables with people)

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank 2Travelers43

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I lived in Arizona but had moved so I had eaten here before. It has been about 4 years so of course some things had changed. The menu offers different items and some of our favorites had been removed, but one thing stayed the same and it was the great taste. We also found out by talking to the manager that if yo ask they will do their best to make what you want if you do not see it. Service was great and everyone was friendly. A very enjoyable place to eat.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Haven't been back to this Restaurant in quite some time, my wife and I decided on the spur of the moment to pay a revisit, as it is close to our home. Went there on a Thurs night, not very busy, quick seating and quick service. Ordered their Enchiladas with Chips. Food came nice and Hot, but a bit of a disappointment in taste and quality. Have had much better here before, Don't know here, maybe we hit them on and off night in the Kitchen. There are better choices in the Mesa area for sure, not sure about a return visit.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 1 May 2017

There's something about taking people for the first time to a restaurant that you brag about and they hate it. It's embarrassing! Serrano's never lets us down. The manager is the type of lady who doesn't mind getting in there and helping the staff if they get a little weeded. Again we got Isaiah as our server, so needless to say our service was perfect. The food was fabulous,especially the bean dip and salsa. My husband had the ribeye steak. He's very particular about the way his steaks are cooked! It was done to perfection. Our guests remarked at how large the portions were! They were also pleased with the prices. The only complaint was the didn't carry Heineken beer. He said that their raspberry tea was so good that he didn't care about the beer anyway. I appreciate authentic mexican food, because you don't burn your tongue off. I want to taste the ingredients that go into the preparation of what I am eating. This is always our go to mexican restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Visiting my inlaws and they took us to this Mexican restaurant...I ordered the steak and chicken fajitas, my daughters ordered a ground beef taco/tamale and the other ordered a bean and rice burrito. Food was ok, but nothing great. Service was good and they provide you with plenty of chips and salsa/bean dip.

Date of visit: March 2017