“Some of the best Mediterranean food in the Valley!”

Princess Market Food and Deli
Ranked #55 of 1,075 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I am now lucky enough to live a few minutes away from here and it is delicious! I have gone at least 5 times and have tried a variety from their menu. Their falafel is the best I've had! The portions are perfect as well, as they are all even amounts of food. I haven't had anything bad yet at this place and even better that they do take out.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

This review is based on my culinary experiences in the Middle East and Southern Europe. We have eaten at Princess at least once or twice a month in the last few years. I love coming here for the truly delicious food, the authentic music, and the warm hospitality. They offer both a breakfast and a lunch/dinner menu. The lamb is as good as it can be; succulent, moist, flavorful, and about to fall off the bone. The felafel is tremendous - there really is a difference. They also offer baked goods, and Turkish coffee. I always get some coffee beans ground to take home (half dark/half light with cardamom seeds) so the experience can linger. The market offers fresh Arab breads, frozen felafel mix ready to cook, and many herbs and spices. This is a first class place! Try it once and you'll tell your friends.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I was traveling in the area and stopped in for lunch. Location is a bit out of the way (in a commercial vs. retail sector). I had the buffet. Well worth the $12. Food was great as was the service. Seemed like several of the patrons were regulars (as would I be). There were business folks there grabbing lunch together. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Best middle-eastern food EVER, surpassed only by the service from our lovely, caring, and personable waitress. The market also was wonderful and full of delicious traditional food and drinks.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2017

My husband and I had dinner here around 7:00 on a Saturday evening. There were two or three other tables with people at them at that time. The restaurant is adjacent to the market, but it is quiet and comfortable.

I had the falafel plate and lentil soup and my husband had the giros plate. We were more than satisfied with our meals. The service was attentive, timely, and courteous.

The women;s restroom was clean and tidy.

Date of visit: January 2017