See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Pros:
-Great customer service (everybody at the front desk is friendly)
-Close to restaurants and stores.

Cons:
Miniature windows in the room.
No elevator. The hotel has stores on the bottom floor so the lobby is on the second floor.
One towel for a family room.
No hair conditioner
Bad wifi signal
Tv looses signal
Miniature trash can
No good for families with young kids.
The Parking lot is located a block away from the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed at Plaza Victoria last week for 5 days because of my job. My first impression was good when I looked everything was new and shiny. Then the person at the front desk didn't have the best of the attitudes. Totally loved my room, with a big queen size bed and nice sheets, but the bathroom isn't so nice and had a funny smell. The room rate included everyday breakfast but the first day couldn't had it because they weren't going to have it ready until 8am. And here comes the main reason why I wouldn't go back to this hotel... On the second night I was going to shave and for that I bought a new spare for my shaving machine, and guess what... It was used by someone else, so I went to the front desk and explain this to a very helpful guy. Next day I spoke to the Hotel Manager and he seemed exceptic about all this and he agreed on replace my spare blade for a new one.
I stayed there for the rest but kept everything on my suitcase.
So the hotel has a great location, the price is not bad, another downside is that the bedrooms facing the Main Street are too loud.
Hopefully my experience won't repeat to anyone else and I'm sure they can serve much better to their future guests

Regards

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank James G
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel it is the case: we don't need to change anything while customers continue to appear.
In fact this 3star hotel (4 star hotel on main street door) doesn't fit on such qualifications. In Europe this hotel would have as maximum one star:
- There's no hot water on lavatory;
- Breakfast space (available tables and sitting places) it is to short for all people of hotel (sometimes there´s no sitting places for everybody at the same time).

I was there and I've moved to other hotel, due management responsabilities.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Filipe-Mota-Pinto
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a group of 7 people & 3 rooms...first we tried to contact hotel about rooms & shuttle service no one emailed us back. ( a few of us tried a couple of times)..we get there one room had no window & smelled like bug spray& furniture polish..second room bathroom smelled bad!! Third room shower was a drizzle (no water pressure) & of course no hot water....no safes in room and the pictures on the internet it seemed average size but very small...very thin walls!! The picture of the gym what a joke it was very poor equipment (3 pieces)on the patio where we had instant coffee
Stale bread & cold eggs for breakfast, but it did have a nice view, we were to suppose to stay 2 nights only stayed 1 night...only positive bed wasn't too bad

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank parroth819
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I spent ten days there in late September and the first few days of October, so the weather was cool and cloudy nearly every day. Breakfast is served on the top open air deck, with a great view of the mountains. First day I experienced a No Hot Water trauma, which they immediately took care of by upgrading my room and ensuring the showers were hot.

Just a few blocks from the bus station, the hotel is located on one of the major streets in the central area. One block from the giant indoor and covered market, there is always something going on. Plenty of little restaurants nearby for full meals, pizza and/or snacks.

Hotel staff are very friendly, although English skills are severely lacking. One staff member, Rubibe is the glue that keeps it all going. She not only shows up every single day before 7 am to ready and prepare breakfast, she cleans all of the rooms and common areas. When she accomplishes all of those tasks and errands for guests, you can find Rubibe handling guest relations and the phone at the main desk. What a Super Gal!

Room tip: Some of the rooms are larger than others, and the rooms on the 4th floor are great!
Date of stay: September 2013