“A lovely find!”

Olor a Cafe
Ranked #3 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Ibarra
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Ecuadorean, International
Description: Part of the beautiful old town house "La Casa se la Ibarrenidad" , The Peoples House. One of the 5 constructions that survive the eartquake of 1912 that destroy the ENTIRE CITY, only 5 building survived. Years latter based on those building, the people re-build the city where it was. Incredibly charming place, and the owners speak different languages, and are allways ready to help! :) Some of my best memories in this beautifull place :)
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Happened upon this lovely cafe after lots of walking around town. Calm, inviting oasis, delicious coffee and a wonderful apple pastry. Loved it!

2  Thank GreenFamily_11

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This place is very pleasant to spend a relaxing time with friends, it is located in the city center. The service is nice, the people that work here is very kind and make me feel so good, they offer a delicious coffee, many desserts and varied food. I think that "Olor a café" has everything to go on a cold day because is warm and cozy. Also, the decoration is beautiful, there are a lot of books in the wall. The prices are very accessible. I consider that this coffee shop is one of my favourites. These are the reasons why I love this place, I totally recommend it.

2  Thank Denisse D
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Coffee good, however, service......terrible !!!
Like this place likes business, but no clients !
When I arrived, there were no other clients.
One table was reserved, another table as well.
Then I sat at another table, but when my coffee was reserved, it was served on another table, because this table was reserved for serving “food to go”, so I had to move again.
During the 1/2 hour I was there, no single other client showed up... so why keeping tables reserved....
Imbabura is eager to attract tourism, but people really have to change mentality and attitude; way behind countries focused on tourism...

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was there once to have a meeting with a friend and I found the staff at that moment very friendly. I liked the atmosphere, the style of the interior. I wasn't very hungry and the prices looked a bit expensive on the menu but I got pleasantly surprised when I ordered a small and very tasty, budget breakfast.

2  Thank Chantal G
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We came here a couple of times during our stay in Ibarra. We really liked the cosy interior and the very friendly staff. We also enjoyed the great coffee and very tasty cakes. Great central place to stop for a break in your activities.

2  Thank Ulla V