US$65
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

US$178
US$152
Priceline
US$242
US$225
Samoan Outrigger Hotel(Apia)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$106
US$88
US$249
US$181
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Samoa Tradition Resort(Apia)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$67
Talofa Inn(Apia)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2016

The hotel staff were quite friendly to my partner and I upon arrival. They were more than ok to help and carry bags (there is no lift so if you dont like stairs tell them in advanced). The rooms are quite a good size with good, clean bathroom. There is a single bed and a double bed in the room, a couch and a good sized desk. The TV remote didnt work (I find this is a common theme with some samoan hotels). The parking is across the street in case you think its a parking lot. Overall a pretty good experience for what we paid for.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This review seems to be full of coincidental bad luck, so maybe for me it was just written in the stars that my visit would not go smoothly - I think other guests who were there the same time had a fine experience. However, here is my story:

I reserved a standard room and on arrival was given a room on the fourth floor without a balcony, even though online it says all standard rooms have balconies. When I said I either wanted a room with a balcony or a reduced rate, they moved me two buildings down the street to a conference-style room with no windows, no wifi reception, and no minibar. It did have a balcony, out of which I faced directly onto a noisy construction site with workers who I couldn't help but look out on, and they couldn't help but look in on me. The separate building was not connected to the pool, front desk, or restaurant and for the first couple of hours I periodically chuckled and thought to myself "Okay, this is what you get for being picky."

At dinner the first night I ordered a chicken sandwich ($22), and was brought a bacon burger with egg ($28). When I spoke up that this was not how I had ordered, the waitress came to point out that I had agreed when she asked about the item number on the menu. I had specifically ordered "a toasted chicken sandwich " while pointing at where the item was listed on the menu and after she had taken my menu she said "AD4?" and I had nodded. Of course I didn't know what the letter code for the sandwich I wanted was, but I felt bad about the miscommunication, and I did not want to cause the kitchen a problem so I agreed to eat it. None of that was the end of the world, but in what I see as a customer service fail, I was still charged for the more expensive item.

Things got worse the second day when the power in my unit went out around 4pm and it took over 2 hours for the staff to change the fuse, during which time my windowless room was dark as a pit and impossible to do anything in (not to mention increasingly stuffy as the a/c and fan were not functioning). I chose to pass the time by taking a swim at the main building, and in return I was given a free dinner, which I definitely appreciated. However, that same day the hot water also stopped functioning in my building and so for two days of my three day stay, I did not have hot water. 5 tala were deducted from my bill at the end to help make up for this.

The nail in the coffin was that I ordered a car to the airport the night before my departure, confirming with the receptionist that it would come at 8:30am. The next morning I woke up early, took a cold shower, ate breakfast, paid my final bill and double-checked my car would be there at 8:30, then had my bag brought down by a porter a few minutes before 8:30. Then it was 8:40 and the receptionist called the driver for the first time that morning, he was no where nearby, but she told me he'd be there in five minutes. He arrived 20 minutes later, at 9:00. In the meantime twenty empty taxis drove by, and I grew more and more frustrated that the staff was insisting I wait for this specific driver, who ended up being a full half hour late.

What it seemed had happened was the driver forgot to come at 8:30, the front desk never verified he'd be there when I double-checked earlier that morning, and instead of just calling me a different taxi when it was apparent he'd be very late, they strung me along because he was a friend or family member and wanted the good airport rate. Totally unacceptable conduct, particularly when catching an international flight was on the line.

The staff was very pleasant, but there were an awful lot of mishaps given the amount of time I stayed here and my reasonable expectations (the amenities promised at booking, electricity, hot water, and an on-time airport transfer). While I was able to take everything else in stride, the 30-minute delay on the taxi was too much, and when I left I was incredibly stressed out. The experience certainly put a dark cloud over my last memories of Samoa.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the main building, not the separate conference building.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
6  Thank snapjanet
Reviewed 27 April 2016

The location of this hotel is right in down town Apia. The service was excellent. The rooms are standard sizes. I asked for the cheapest room and granted one!
The room was fine but the sheets of my bed had seen better days and the pillows.. well the cases were decent but the pillows stank!

I stayed there first week of February 2015.

Room Tip: The expensive rooms in the front are the opposite of the rooms at the back!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Pinelotuilaura
Reviewed 17 April 2016

i stayed in the budget out back rooms, the sheets were not clean, the bathroom wasnt cleaned for at least two days and as they are shared they were in quite a state by the end of the first day. one shower had a 3 inch nail in the cubicle just loose, im presuming from repairs. it didnt help that someone kept coming by and closing the bathroom doors and when you open them it really stank of wee. i didnt find the staff very friendly either. i think its over priced for what it is.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Tatty_Rascal
Reviewed 12 February 2016

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. When we checked in, hotel staff didn't have any information from Expedia in computer. Then he made a copy of my voucher. room No. was 205. There was no elevator, then we had to bring up our luggages to our room by ourselves. There was no bath tub. But room space was bigger than that of Samoan Outrigger hotel. On the next day, when we go out for sight seeing, I asked to have a map, but he said map was out on yesterday. When we came back around at noon, bed making was not done. then I asked to do, but he answered they didn't do on Sunday (27 Dec.) . When we checked out, a staff who was different from check in asked to pay for accommodation, and I answered I already payed in Japan and you had a voucher. Data were not commonly used. I never can tell this is a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends