“Very upset costumer ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nogales
Hacienda Corona de Guevavi
Ranked #1 of 3 Nogales B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

After 1 year of doing my son's wedding In this ranch, i am still struggling with the owner of this place to receive my deposit back, I was in the need of going to court and all.
Very upset costumers!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Veronica J
haciendacorona, Owner at Hacienda Corona de Guevavi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

In the 16 years that our family has owned Hacienda Corona B&B we have never experienced a negative review such as this one. Ever. As the current owner, it is my pleasure and responsibility to make sure that each and every special event we host goes off without a hitch. Sometimes, mother nature is not always on our side and can be a bit unpredictable as she was in the case of your son's wedding. Prior to the wedding your daughter-in-law and I worked very closely together for months to plan her special day. I assisted her with every detail for the big day including finding the caterer, all of the rental furniture needs, etc. I even accepted all of the flowers that were delivered two days early to our location and made sure that they were cared for properly as the date of the wedding was August 6th of last year (less than a year ago). The moment the "I Do's" were said, the clouds opened up and it down-poured for 25 minutes. We opened up our doors to your nearly 175 guests offering shelter, towels, restrooms, refreshments and anything that we could to assist with the unfortunate timing of the rain. I personally made sure that every single vendor that you hired assisted with drying all of your tables and chairs, salvaging your food, cake and drinks. Even with the totally un-forcasted rain shower, the wedding was a hit! Your guests stayed, ate, danced and really enjoyed themselves. Before leaving for the night your son and daughter-in-law made it a point to give me a big hug and kiss thanking us for all we had done! Unbeknownst to me or my staff, your band members went into a part of the Hacienda that was not opened to guests and took handmade duvets, comforters, towels and antique bedding to dry off their instruments. Not only did they not ask but they didn't even let us know that all of the bedding was then thrown behind the trees which stayed there until the next day when we discovered it.
Hacienda Corona has been blessed with hosting over 60 weddings over the years. Only 3 times have we ever had to keep some or all of a guests damage deposit. In order for us to get the bedding professionally cleaned and or completely replaced in some instances, we had no choice but to hold onto a part of your damage deposit. The property was damaged. I took photographs immediately and sent them to you. I did all that I could to rectify the situation. The bedding was made by a deceased family member and customized for the theme of each of our rooms.
I am sorry that we were not able to return all of your deposit. I'm sorry that that there was any damage made to our property at all. I'm also sorry that we could not come to an agreement before you thought it necessary to go to court. What we asked for and what you signed on our contract was to leave our Hacienda and property in the condition that you found it. This was not the case. Damage was incurred and therefore needs to be compensated for. This is why damage deposits are put in place to begin with.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

This hidden gem in the foothills of Southern Arizona is one of the best kept secrets. The owners are amazingly hospitable, the grounds are so beautiful and the pool is exhilarating. I have had the pleasure of staying here in all four seasons to truly enjoy all that this wonder place has to offer. The John Wayne room and Meanwhile back at the ranch are wonderful places to curl up with a good book, which can be obtained from the card room. To be able to sit out at the wall and to watch the sun set over the hills as the wind slowly glides through the trees, in a word, paradise.

Room Tip: Enjoy the complimentary happy hour out by the wall that overlooks the hills in the distance, breath...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank stovernorwalk
haciendacorona, Owner at Hacienda Corona de Guevavi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Thank you so much Ian! We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us! Being able to watch all of you unwind and enjoy all of the beautiful scenery here on the ranch means as much to us as it does to you. We are so grateful that you have chosen us as your destination for your family's vacation time and time again. We always love to see you and how much your kids have grown.
Please come and visit us again soon......summer is right around the corner and the pool will be waiting!
Hacienda Corona

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We love this place! It's so relaxing and beautiful. Nisa and Jeff tell the best stories, the food was delicious and they truly made us feel right at home. We loved the peace and quiet and the time we could spend together. We stayed in the casita so we wouldn't disturb other guests. It was perfect for us. The sun rises on the porch of the casita were stunning. And like the rest of the property it is decorated so perfectly. We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
haciendacorona, Owner at Hacienda Corona de Guevavi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! We so enjoyed having your sweet family stay with us! Watching your little ones Emma and Henry explore the ranch and play with our resident chickens and horses and doggies was so much fun for us too! I'm so glad that you got to experience this part of AZ and see just how much Santa Cruz County has to offer!
We are looking forward to having you back with us soon at Hacienda Corona and relaxing with us once again.

Nisa and Jeff and all of us at Hacienda Corona

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Great room, great views, great history, great people-can't say much more. Will definitely return. A gem in a very interesting place-Nogales, Az. Highly recommend if you are interested in history or just want to relax in a historic home.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B

Thanks so much for your kind words and taking the time to share your experience! We do hope that you get a chance to return to Hacienda Corona again soon! Summer is just around the corner and if you haven't gotten a chance to experience the monsoon season here at Hacienda Corona I highly recommend it! It is most exciting to see all the rains come across the desert. Sitting poolside with a nice cold beverage isn't too bad either!

All the best!
Nisa and Jeff and all of us Hacienda Corona

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I (my wife, 2 daughters, and dog) spent a fantastic afternoon and night at Hacienda Corona and were THRILLED with both the property and the owners. The home is a historic icon with beautiful period touches, exciting history (John Wayne was a regular!), and amazing grounds. As you wind around the house you find beautifully appointed rooms, secret courtyards, and wonderful amenities. It was too chilly to use, but the pool is also a work of hand-laid tile art.

The best part, though, were the owners. Jeff and Nisa made us feel incredibly welcome with delicious cocktails and great conversation. Jeff was particularly great with our girls letting them feed and snuggle with the chickens, and help feed the horses.

Hacienda Corona offers an incredible escape into the countryside along the Mexican border. It is the perfect spot for families, couples, and, from seeing their facilities, weddings and big events.

Can't wait to go back again soon!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family