See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2017

I have come to this hotel over Thanksgiving week for over fifteen years to visit my family in the area. I have always been impressed by the clean, well appointed rooms, friendly, helpful service and kindness of the owners, Tom and Meera, as well as the front desk employee of many years , Ramirez. Any time I needed local information for events or the location of a particular restaurant or business they have been extremely helpful and always kind. For 30 years, before they were bought out by Quality Inn, I used to stay at the American Hotel next door. Siesta Motel offers more personal service,newer appliances and cleaner rooms. Always impressed by my stays here as well as value for the money. 24 hour Denny's next door is also very convenient as well as long time local dining treasure, Zulas, a short walk or drive up Grand Avenue. Thank you Tom and Meera and Ramirez for another enjoyable comfortable stay here. Only downside, which is shared by any hotel/motel dwelling near Grand Avenue, is the train from and to Mexico which can make quite a blaring racket early in the morning, a setback I can hardly hold motel responsible for. Just part of life this close to the border, a couple hundred yards away. Such close proximity to border is also a plus in other ways if you plan on visiting Mexico on your stay, which I always do. Park car near border and walk across with ease.
Would also like to add with unusually warm weather this year, that sitting by the pool to read and relax is an added pleasure of staying here. If I was at motel during peak afternoons instead of visiting my family, would definitely have taken a cool dip as well, which would have been more refreshing than bracing or cold than with the usually chilly Fall weather.

Room Tip: I find upstairs rooms more private as lower rooms tend to be filled up first
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
tom b, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

thank you mr. alex for staying with us .we can do better than we are doing. and see you again. best regards

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Rooms were immaculate. Room odor and bedding odor was very pleasant and extremely clean. There were no signs of any kind of insects or vermin. The staff were extremely helpful and go out of their way to make your stay more enjoyable. Restaurants are nearby with Denny's next door and a nice inexpensive Mexican restaurant across the street from Denny's. Going back to Nogales in 2 weeks and there I will stay for sure. At night the parking lot is full with new and returning clients.Free Wifi, cable TV and Continental breakfast from 6 A.M. to 9 A.M.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 14 March 2017

Mr. Pete T. Thank you for staying with us and for your nice comments we work everyday to make our place more pleasant see you again Juan A Gavino ABVI Nogales AZ

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I stayed there five days: It's a clean, well-appointed, not-fancy motel room. Owner and clerks very friendly and helpful. The Siesta is a great place to stay if you're on the border. Great for a quiet night or an afternoon siesta.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Room was clean and I saw no bugs. everything pretty much just okay. Could be better could be worse. I did not like the way they hand you a remote for the TV at check in and want to charge 10$ if you loose it. Good value if all you need is a place to sleep near the border. Taxis' are 5 minutes away and about 5$ to the border. Denny's is right next door.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2016

my brother in law rented a room, he called me later to see if I could take him some towels and clothing for his son. when I arrived the front desk lady came out screaming at us but I did not pay attention, thinking she was taking to someone else, I took the clothes to my brother in law who was swimming and the lady came to me screaming I could not be there, no visitations were allowed, I first calmly explained i just dropped off clothes were are leaving, then she got louder and that is when I got upset and told her she had no right to be screaming like this, I was leaving, then she said the manager is coming so I had to leave, I told now I would wait for the manager to complain about her, I told her she had no right to be screaming at me that way. when the manager arrived he came to us and I told him what had happened, I told him I was going to report him to his superiors, he now said everything is ok now, i did not have to report no one, he felt sorry. that is no way to treat anyone, I understand hotel insurance disclaimers, no visitors are covered in case an accident would happen, I told the manager that, I was just dropping off towels. the front desk lady has no business having direct contact with anyone, she should just stay behind and let someone else attend to people.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends