“We love Mountain Meadows Cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Payson
Mountain Meadows Cabins
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I really want to answer to "WiseOwl-AZ": not so wise and certainly not a fair review. We stayed in the same cabin 2 weeks ago, so one week after you and I guess Satan went with you because He was nowhere to be found there!

Mountain Meadows cabins are tucked in the forest away from the more crowded areas in Payson and the cabins are rustic, charming and perfect for a gate away week end in the quiet nature.
We found everything we need for our escape: something to cook inside the cabin as well as bbq's. The wood is provided and there is also gas bbqs for the days fires are prohibited or if you simply prefer that.
We enjoyed sitting outside on the swing or around the fire pit.
Wifi, a television that you do not really need as it is so pleasant to enjoy the calm and go for a walk/hike by the cabin.
The place is clean, fridge, microwave and freshly brewed coffee ready to get for breakfast.
The place is big enough for luggage, 2 people and I even brought my yoga mat to do yoga.
There is a table for 2 inside or a larger one outside. Enough outlets to charge our phones and laptop.
The fireplace warms the place very well, no need to go too hot on the thermostat!
There is a cabinet under the sink to place your toiletries and the shower is big enough for my boyfriend and I. Yes, there is a curtain in place of the door... The window and febreeze can be welcome ;)
We stayed once before in a cabin with Jacuzzi and enjoyed the relaxing after a day of hiking.
We ABSOLUTELY LOVE this place and will be back as soon as our schedule permits, the day we are looking for a crowded pool, gym, noisy restaurant and spa services we will go somewhere else.
As of now, we love this gem hidden in the woods that brings us PEACE, RELAXATION, NATURE away from stress or any other negativity.

Keep the good job Diane and Ken

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
azkdh1968, Owner at Mountain Meadows Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Hello! :) Wow, we are so grateful for customers like you who are open minded and allow our property to shine for what it is......all the items you mentioned above. We love having repeat customers over the years that have become our friends, the best part of our job.

We appreciate your support and look forward to your next visit! :)

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I stayed here for my anniversary me and my husband LOVED IT!!!! The owners are friendly, the price is perfect and the atmosphere is just BEAUTIFUL! We stayed in cabin #1 the Jacuzzi really made are stay perfect. We enjoyed being outdoors its a true get away if your trying to relax and get AWAY from the city or simply to enjoy yourself!! I highly recommend Mountain Meadows Cabins! Staff was very helpful and so friendly!!! I rate them %100 Clean cabin! BEAUTIFUL area! Reasonable price!

Room Tip: Cabin #1 is the best choice
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
azkdh1968, Owner at Mountain Meadows Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you so much Nancy! :) We truly appreciate your support & mostly that you enjoyed your stay in our simple quaint cabins. We take pride in making all our customers stay comfortable. Looking forward to seeing you next year. :)

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We travel a lot and try to stay at 5 star accommodations. We booked 3 nights and left left after the first night. There were quite a few things that were definitely not 5 star, more like 1 star. The bathroom shower was old and one of the doors did not work so you had to be quite slim to get through one door. The toilet rocked when sitting on it. The bed was similar to sleeping on bales of hay. There were 2 chairs, one was torn on the seat and the other was quite worn. There were only 2 plugs, one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. The tv was a 16” monitor. Hubby walked around on the carpet in the cabin in his white socks that ended up being very dirty. The outside area was quite messy .
Positives, the fireplace was gas and heated the room quickly. The cabin was clean.
Go back? Not even free. To us this was like camping in a tent but inside with running water.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
azkdh1968, Owner at Mountain Meadows Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

NOTE: This review is from the same person "WAYNE, (SATAN'S INN ABOVE.) Barb & Wayne are married, statement below is what Wayne wrote personally on his TripAdviosor profile. Wayne "DID" delete this however, I was able to COPY & PAST.

PER WAYNE "I've been reborn on this new Trip Advisor account as I was banned on my previous account for sarcastic reviews and comments, although, in my mind, justified. Previously, I had acquired a level 12 having traveled in depth. Now, we have much travel to do, food to consume and sights to see in an attempt to reclimb the T/A ladder."

Wayne, it's one thing to write a review, SATAN'S INN (BOOK) but to write ANOTHER review (NOT WHAT I EXPECTED) using your wife's BARB's account. Don't you think you've made your point, seems you're obsessed with making sure you damage our property.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We wanted R&R and got it, but not like you think.......it was Rough & Raw.

I’m at a loss to rate this property. I am fully beside myself in attempting to determine the 5 star ratings. My heart and mind started to do a little flip as soon as I saw the sign at the beginning of the dirt road entrance. The office is inside the owners home. The proprietor was friendly enough, however the first thing one must sign is a liability waiver. In other words, stay at your own risk. Their claim to fame is a the view of the rim. I needed to look through the trees, then up through their tops to see the flat top of the mountain. There are, also, views of a stable, horse track and another run down building. I was not impressed. The grounds are a bit trashy looking with plastic buckets turned upside down here, a hose splayed out there, a wheelbarrow, plastic barriers denoting parking spaces, unmatched plastic seating on the porches which, by the way, need paint. There is either no or minimal Verizon coverage here. The following applies to Cabin #3. The inside gives one a reprieve from the unsightly extraneous. But, hold on here! The innermost is like a hunters cabin. It’s barely adequate for the seasoned traveler. The finishing touches were done on a beer budget. The cell like room has an 8 foot ceiling which gives it a claustrophobic feel. The Ace Hardware special gas fireplace was built using some 2x4’s laid with loose brick for its hearth. The fireplace logs were helter skelter laid about without an eye toward looking natural. The tongue and groove paneling update is amateurish and crude with the tongue not fitting into the groove. After removing our shoes our socks becoming black so we quickly put them back on. Upon closer inspection the green, floor rug it is filthy. The two chairs are in sad shape. One, the vinyl has splits in its seat and the other has worn upholstery. The 16” TV is an eye strain, even in this confined space. I would not want to cook anything more than spaghetti and sauce on the hot plate provided in the kitchen. No paper towels or napkins, either. One must move the TV and replace it with the hot plate in order to have sufficient height for use. There is one, and let me repeat, ONE electrical outlet in the kitchen/living room/bedroom area. The tv plugs into one receptacle and a 3 way splitter into the other. For the splitter there are the hot plate, microwave, refrigerator and coffee machine to share. Plus, we brought iPads and an iPhone that require charging, too. There are no USB chargers available, so make sure that you bring your own. And, an extension cord so that you can charge your devices, from the bed, after using them prior to sleep so that they can charge overnight. The heat consists of an in wall electric heater, gas fireplace and a portable heater for the bath and NO A/C. One, sponge pillow per person. There are two decorative pillows, but not too sure how clean they are. After sleeping, or should I say attempting to sleep, on this very hard bed we had had enough. We had reserved for 3 nights, but left the next morning. There are no table or floor lamps only an overhead, 4 bulb, fan light. Cozy? No. Romantic? No. You must empty your own trash down where the trash can is located. If you are not a slim person then you will not fit into the shower stall, which has a broken door. You cannot take long showers as you are warned that there is only a 10 gallon hot water heater. No shelves for toiletries however, you may use the window sill. Fortunately, there is a second electrical receptacle in the tiny bath suitable for electric toothbrushes and hair dryers. There is no night light or any light dim enough for you to find the bathroom at night. Good luck, here. The toilet seat is of the style used during the 1950’s. You will need a super small, butt for it to fit and the toilet shakes while sitting. It’s not elongated, nor is it ADA compliant. The sink is barely higher than the toilet and should you have bending issues then using this sink will be a challenge. No Kleenex! There is no door only a curtain that separates the bath from the bedroom. The toilet sits 6 feet from the bed, so you might enjoy the sounds of your partners wee wee at 3:30am. No exhaust fan, either, YUCK! I have uploaded pictures with captions to help illustrate my narrative. On a brighter note, the interior is clean except for the aforementioned rug, the free internet is adequate. Bottom line? We did not quite get what we paid for as there were 4 Star rated chain hotels in town for less $$. We trusted the TA reviews and they let us down, big time. In all honesty, I don’t fault the proprietor(s) here. They are attempting to run a business, earn a living and have been given 5 stars by reviewers that have patronized this property. The reviewers, apparently, do not maintain a high standard of accommodation. We’ve traveled for over 50 years and have come to expect a certain level of accommodation, which this did not meet. We wanted to be in the wilderness and looked forward to our stay, but we weren’t expecting this. Will we return? Absolutely, categorically, definitely, positively, no ifs and or buts, conclusively & decidedly NOT!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

PER WAYNE ON HIS PERSONAL TRIPADVISOR ACCOUNT “I've been reborn on this new Trip Advisor account as I was banned on my previous account for sarcastic reviews and comments, although, in my mind, justified. Previously, I had acquired a level 12 having traveled in depth. Now, we have much travel to do, food to consume and sights to see in an attempt to reclimb the T/A ladder.”

Satan's Inn, WOW!? Wayne, our reviews come from previous customers, we never stated we were a 5 Star Lodge/Hotel. Wayne, you left our property and NEVER told us that you we're leaving. You NEVER told us that you were unhappy with anything within the 24 hours/overnight of your stay. It seems from the start, you weren't truly interested in experiencing the rustic vacation in the mountains, more of a LUXURY RESORT you were looking for.
Our website clearly shows pictures of the inside of the cabin and has numerous reviews of the bathroom door and rusticness. We do provide air conditioners in the hot months as the temperatures are now in the 60's.
Yes, our cabins are rustic however, they are clean and quaint. We are sorry you were unhappy with everything!
Have a Blessed Day!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed here awhile back and it was nice. Nothing jaw-dropping, just a small cabin with and friendly staff. This time we came when it was raining cats and dogs, which was awesome! The sights, sounds and smells were awesome! Ended up doing some hiking up at woods canyon lake as well. We just love the Mongollon Rim area.

Room Tip: I think all the cabins are probably the same. They look that way anyway.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
azkdh1968, Owner at Mountain Meadows Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you so much for the review.
We appreciate that you like to stay at our cabins and enjoy the surrounding area.
We look forward to your to your next visit!