“Learn something everyday!!”
Review of Hualapai Ranch

Hualapai Ranch
Reviewed 15 June 2016

The ranch is the first stop on a 3 location package. This included a lunch that was above and beyond. Plenty of hot tasty food served cafe style. several side options
bull riding and lots of things for the kids here. A great place to visit

Room Tip: Seemed to be all nice.....only for sleep as many other things to do
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank xuanlocdoc

Reviewed 10 May 2016

Our cabin was great with a view of the grand canyon where you can sit on the porch and watch the sun-rise and sun-set. The cabins are at the end of a "old west town" set up and there is nothing obstructing the view. Sounds great until you realize you can't park your car next to the cabin. They did let us pull the cars down to unload and load the luggage. The "experience" includes smores around the campfire at dusk. If you are not there before they start the fire be prepared to wait to check in until after the fire is out. It was very frustrating after a long day of driving to be told we had to wait because there was not anyone else to check us in. Don't take me wrong, this is a great place, they just need an employee in the office at all times. Be prepared to also pay to enter the Hualapai land. ($75 for entry, lunch or dinner and the skywalk bridge) They have busses that take you from the Ranch (western town) to the skywalk to an abandoned mine with views of the grand canyon. Great concept, just need some help with customer service.

Stayed: May 2016
2  Thank freetimecrafter
Reviewed 8 April 2016

My sister and I stayed overnight at the Hualapai Ranch. The cabin had a decently comfortable queen sized bed and a futon couch. They provided a cute little fire pit after the sun went down and we sat around it making some s'mores while they told stories and played music. We did the 60 minute horseback riding and got to see some amazing views! My sister and I loved our trip and would recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sierra M
Reviewed 1 April 2016

We were a little concerned as we didn't arrive until around 5pm when the small ranch seemed to be packing up. However, this was the ideal time for my son to practice lassoing and there were still a few cowboys around to show him what to do. I wasn't sure what happened at the ranch once the sun went down so we went to get a meal in the Restaurant. The meal choice was limited but adequate (chicken or BBQ ribs with rice/veg/mashed potato and gravy) with a cookie and a drink. The younger female server could have been a little friendlier but maybe we were spoilt by all the other staff who so friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was included in the morning and when you ask for a short-stack, bare in mind there is nothing short about it!

The cabin was really, really cold but there was a little air con/heater in the room which we turned on high but even then felt it was a little chilly so went to concierge (a little cabin at the entrance of the ranch) and they kindly brought us 2 duvets which did the trick. The cabin (Cabin 1) was immaculately clean with free bottled water, a phone and pen and paper. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom and plenty of towels and some toiletries. So basically everything you needed. We also had a lovely view of the canyon and the stables.

Wifi didn't work for me unfortunately but that wasn't why I came.

At 8pm we gathered around the campfire where an Indian told us a few stories, gave us some information and answered some questions and then finished by giving us marshmallows to turn into s'mores over the fire.

First thing in the morning I could hear the two donkey's braying and there was the most gorgeous sunset.

My son enjoyed riding on the mechanical bull several times, and practicing throwing horseshoes. The cowboys told us some funny stories and answered lots of questions on the local area. They were so kind and friendly and you couldn't help but warm to them. We also took advantage of the free ride on the horse pulled wagon which again was informative and fun.

We had only paid for the legacy package which was the basic package but enough for us and the bus took us to 3 viewpoints which were amazing and probably better than I was anticipating. At the second viewpoint there was a family of Indians who were performing their dancing and were more than happy to answer our questions and we really warmed to them. I thought my 4 year old daughter may have been intimidated by the head-dresses but the father scooped her up into his arms for a photo.

Overall a fantastic experience that I doubt can be repeated but my son thought it was the best part of our 3 week holiday.

Room Tip: Any cabin will have a great view. Cabin 1 is nearest to the Restaurant and amenities.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Novanic
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Drive to the great canyon in the evening, by the time I reached there got dark , everything closed ,I thought there would be heaps of hotels as other attractions we have in our country, nothing , as I turned around and was driving back I saw hualapai ranch, as I drive to it, I was lim no way am staying here, but had no choice, when the tribal man took me to the cottage , I was blown away. Run by most humble people , beautiful clean cottage, thank you,and breakfast is free and dinner way discounted, cost nothing and lots of good with music, thank you for making my stay,true country , great America , and for children, animals to pet and fun stuff❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
71.2 km away
Grand Canyon Caverns Inn
Grand Canyon Caverns Inn
#1 of 1 in Peach Springs

Been to Hualapai Ranch? Share your experiences!