Hualapai Ranch
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Frontier Motel & Cafe(Peach Springs)
Hualapai Lodge(Peach Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewswestern towncamp fireribsold westwagon ridegrand canyon westbaked chickendining hallshuttle busmechanical bullhorseback ridingbreathtaking viewsgreat towelstake picturesmagic showlovely ladygreat place for family
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for the night to break up a long drive.
The staff were all wonderful, kind and welcoming, the food simple but delicious and the rooms & beds comfortable.
The kids particularly enjoyed the stories around the camp fire and s'mores ( thanks Harry, what a legend!) and we enjoyed the absolute peace and tranquillity. Waking up to sunrise over the Grand Canyon is something we won't forget in a hurry.
The ranch is close to the skywalk, and can also arrange rafting and horse riding. Not sure why you would stay anywhere else if you are visiting this area!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvette P
GCW_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Hualapai Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Fake western town. Even worse than the buildings in hollywood Studios.

The room was clean and bed was OK.

Most of all, during the breakfast, the male staff in the restaurant took our tickets away! (It was written to scan it so we showed him the tickets and then he just took it away! He knows it would be the only key to enter the canyon for sure ...) And then later when our tour guide returned to ask for our tickets, they just said no tickets ... I have no word to say. My mood to the canyon was totally ruined and I hate this place.

You should pay attention to the staff too. They won't think about your problem and maybe they will make some instead.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank 405mic
GCW_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Hualapai Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

We are sorry to hear about your experience and will let management know.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Stayed here for a night and loved it. The cabin was small but very comfortable. It was lovely sitting on the small veranda watching the sun go down changing the colors of the canyon. Meals were basic but you were given options, plenty of food so you wouldn't leave hungry. I am pretty fussy with food but found it okay. We also did a ride the next morning which I loved. Everyone was really friendly and helpful and I would love to go back and stay again. It was great having no cellphone or wifi, tv etc to create noise!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scootergirl_nz
GCW_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Hualapai Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit. And you're right. Sometimes it's great to unplug and enjoy some quiet time.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We stayed two nights at the Hualapai Ranch. One night would have been better. The food is not very good and we had to cover our plates while eating and steal a bite from under the napkins in order to eat a meal that the flies were not attacking. In addition, what ever they are cooking with, butter or oil, had a strange flavor and I just could not eat. Great for a diet, lol. Additionally, my boys did not anything while we were there. Finally lunch the final day I requested a grilled cheese sandwich, but was told they would have to get permission. I said that is fine we have finished lunch so I am needing it at dinner. Come dinner time the staff knew nothing of the request but reluctantly made it. My son at half of his sandwich, so I was going to eat the other half, but again it had a strange flavor that was obviously from what ever they put on the bread. We love to camp and love the outdoors, so we are accustom to roughing it and it is the only reason we felt comfortable staying at the ranch at all. We had to kill bugs in our room, one flying ant even got in my husbands shirt. The sunrise from the rooms are phenomenal and all of the rooms have the same view, we stayed in the last room. We were able to photograph, coyotes, jack rabbits, and antelope from our porch. Since we just went July 19th and 20th, and live in Georgia, I wasn't sure about he heat and having a bonfire, but the temperatures are pleasant in the evenings, but Harry only has one story to share at the bonfire, so if you stay two nights expect to hear the same thing again. He is a very nice man and was pleasant to everyone. I will say we were the only American guests our first night and only one of two families our second as most of the guests are from Asia. Everyone was pleasant. Glad we went, but will not go back.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
GCW_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Hualapai Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

We are sorry to hear about your stay. We have passed along the review and the details to our management team. We do want every guest to have a fantastic time and we apologize for what must have been a disappointment.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We went here as part of the bus tour. This is part of the Indian reservation. The cabins are basic but sufficient. No phone, no TV, no wifi, no signal. Very quiet and you can sleep well. The restaurant does not have much have vegetarian option but they will try to accommodate vegetarians.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
GCW_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Hualapai Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thanks so much for your visit and for the 4 star review.