“A fun evening with the Chef doing the usual entertainment”

Osaka Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #110 of 289 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 May 2017

My steak was done exactly as I wanted and was very tender. My scallops were wonderful as was the shrimp. My wife thought her Salmon could have been better and a larger portion. This was a big dinner with the salad vegetables and rice. I particularly thought the mushrooms were great, I would have ordered as a side dish if there was that option. We shared the dinner with 4 choices of main dishes, a good value for $60. The couple next to us did the same for themselves and a young boy and still had decent portions. They said the swordfish was wonderful. My son had filet mignon and his companion ordered lobster, shrimp and scallops. All of us enjoyed the evening and celebrated the couple at the next table when the man got down on his knees and proposed. She said Yes, and their child wore a tee shirt that said, " Will you marry my dad" adding to the pleasant atmosphere. Our chef did some tricks with the cutlery and breaking the eggs by flipping them up and catching them on the knife edge. Lots of big flames and some comedy chatter while cooking enlivened our table.I'd go back again for a good time. Warning, we tipped the chef $20.00 at the table, only to find a 10% charge for him included on the bill.It was in fine print on the menu, but he should have mentioned that. We are usually decent tippers, but the usual 20% would have been 40% total, a bit too much.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

To- The Owner and CEO, 4-28-17

We came to your restaurant on Tuesday pm (in Peoria) at approx 8:30ish for a dinner with our 11 yr old daughter and my wife. She was celebrating an 11 yr old birthday and we had a super time up until the end as we were very close to the kitchen. After hearing conversations, in the kitchen, close to closing time, we heard a few F-bombs that startled my daughter and she looked at me with shock and disgust. I wanted to let you know this so it doesn’t happen to other patrons moving forward. I also wanted you professionals involved so they (You) have a serious, adult like Manager on duty so these kids or unprofessionals don’t act unruly.

Please take the time to contact me if you need further details otherwise try and make sure you hire classy individuals with high morals and regards to children; that may be within ear-shot of the kitchen.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Based on some of the recent reviews I was a little nervous about trying the place. The Arrowhead area restaurants are all so busy and a new spot would be nice to relieve the crowds. The place is huge with lots of tables and the teppanyaki stations are in another room. Got there early so I sat at the bar and reviewed the menu while having a few drinks. My wife and daughter showed and off we went. They have a pretty extensive list of options for seafood, chicken and beef combos. The show was done very well and we did not have to wait for another couple to start. Enjoyed it very much and food was yummy with no issues. Ah-So is near by and I would place it at similar experience and quality during our setting. They had a nice Groupon going which was nice. I will go again.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Really really good food. We all left happy with to go boxes. Excellant food at a great price. We will go back. Combo meals and drinks were great

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I like Ah-So much better. Service was not great. Teppanki chef had zero personality and waiter was not attentive. Received appetizer at same time meal was being served. Shrimp sauce was not as good either. Charged extra fee for sitting at teppanki table even though teppanki menu prices are already higher.