“Tasty & Healthy!”

Ranked #34 of 3,302 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Camelback East
Description: Relaxed, eco-chic chain serving health-conscious fare, including vegan options, plus cocktails.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I LOVE the stuffed mushrooms and recently tried their pizza! It was fantatic and I plan to order it again! Thumbs Up!

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Travelbug6002
True Food Kitchen, Marketing at True Food Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Thank you!

Write a reviewReviews (633)

Reviewed 18 February 2021

Great lunch.
Plenty of parking.
Outside seating available. Liam was a happy, attentive and efficient server with great input on menu items.
Social distancing in place included plexiglass partitions, masked server. Sign of bathroom door to permit only 1 person in at a time.
Food was beautifully presented, portions are not large and food and drinks were very good.

Date of visit: February 2021
True Food Kitchen, Marketing at True Food Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2021

Thank you Dee for the review!

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant numerous times and love the quality and taste of the food. Today my husband and I were very disappointed. The whole staff was cold and unfriendly. When we got there, the greeter wasn’t warm. She escorted us to a table and we waited more than 10 minutes before anyone came to our table. In fact, no one did come. Finally, when I saw another table being seated with guests and a server come right away to serve them, I got up and asked another server who was wiping a table if someone could come to our table. They made no apology but said they would get someone. A little later a different server came. I had been curious about getting something other than water, but he was gone so quickly, I didn’t have a chance to ask. Also he didn’t offer me or give me a straw. He never came back, so I had to ask one of the other servers walking by. Another time during our meal, someone came and took away our dishes without even asking if we were done with them. We just felt it was so cold and unfriendly. At the end, my husband spoke with a manager. The manager was not warm either. He just said that the feedback from his customers is that they don’t want any contact or conversation, so they just try to keep their distance.

In the middle of a pandemic, we can take all the precautions, but we are still humans who need warmth and kindness. We won’t be back for a very long time.

If people really don’t want any contact, they would just get takeout. If they are brave enough to sit down in a restaurant, they’re probably not afraid of someone in a mask being gracious and hearing a few warm words and checking on them now and then during their dining experience. I don’t believe the customers want NO friendliness at all!

Date of visit: January 2021
3  Thank tammalynnb2021
True Food Kitchen, Marketing at True Food Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback! I am so sorry for your dining experience. We do keep safety in the forefront of our minds for our guests and team, however we still want to be kind and give wonderful hospitality. I hope you might call and speak to a Manager again at the restaurant so we can set up a time to have you in on us to make this up to you. Thank you again for the feedback!

Reviewed 23 November 2020 via mobile

Maybe an off day today for the kitchen. Sweet potatoes were raw and onions were charred to the point of a black crispy coals.

Date of visit: November 2020
TrueFoodKitchen, Marketing at True Food Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2020

I would love the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent experience. Please give us a call at 602-774-3488 and ask for anyone of the managers.

Reviewed 22 November 2020 via mobile

I visited True Food Kitchen located on the north side of Phoenix on my recent trip to the area. The restaurant is warm and welcoming. The waitress was very friendly and helpful with my questions about the menu. I selected the sausage pizza. It was tasty and unique. It had dill on it which was a welcome flavor addition. I was able to comfortably eat the smallest pie size by myself. For dessert, I ordered the seasonal squash pie. I have never had squash pie and was blown away by the delicious flavor! It was lightly sweet but not overwhelming so. It made a nice ending to a great meal experience!

Date of visit: November 2020

Thank you! The squash pie is a fan favorite as well. See you next time!