“Beautiful Hilton”

Ranked #43 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
crawley uk
“Beautiful Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Nice new beautiful hotel . Check-in was a breeze . We had a room with 2 beds .Usual HGI room with fridge and microwave . We paid for Bed and Breakfast rate @ $ 10.95 each and it was well worth it ./Fully cooked to order breakfast .I had a lovely Omelette .There was everything else you would expect and the service was great . We sat outside on the patio with our coffee afterwards ,such a lovely place . We also used the pool before we left which had plenty of loungers and umbrellas .
Just a few minutes away from all the shops aT Happy Valley with lots of restaurants .Close to the I- 17 too . We will be back when we pass thro next year.

Room Tip: Its away from the freeway . so its quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Holland, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

It's a newer hotel, so the condition is spectacular. Room was very nice, the king bed is awesome. Teh Great American bistro is great. The food is very good and the service is quick and friendly. Check in was a breeze. The pool is very nice, but I never saw anyone in it. I dedcided to go in at 10pm and it was great. Parking is fantastic and it's super easy to get to.
Cons- the AC can be a little loud when it turns on- to the point it wakes you up.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I've now stayed at this hotel about a half a dozen times. It's very close to Phoenix Deer Valley Airport (only about a 5 minute drive away), and also very close to the big Honeywell facility.

This is a relatively new Hilton Garden Inn, and in every respect, it exceeds the brand standards one would expect from a Hilton. The staff are pleasant, the rooms are clean and large, the internet is fast and free, and the hotel is nice and quiet - it is well set back from the nearby streets, and exactly 90 degrees off-axis to the nearby airport runways, so you never hear the planes. All in all, a very attractive, well maintained, and pleasant hotel.

This is one of the most reliable Hilton hotels I have stayed at so far as maintaining Hilton brand standards is concerned. I highly recommend it to other business travellers.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls are a bit quieter than the others.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

Two-day business stay. Very new hotel and very clean. Limited restaurant offering and very few options within the general area. Hotel is in an area targeted for growth, so should become more attractive in the near future.

• Stayed February 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I have been a Hilton Honors member for a looong time. Granted, I don't travel frequently enough to be one of their uppity-ups, I usually get free bottles of water when I check in. Not this time.
When my family and I arrived in Phoenix, it was very late, so sleep was the only thing on our minds. In the morning, my daughter was "starving" so we headed to the lobby where I was informed that breakfast was an additional charge. Huh? Since when? Not that paying for her breakfast was any sort of issue, however, as an Honors Member (Silver) I haven't paid for a meal in a Hilton in ages. When I asked if they had my number on file I was politely told no, so up to my room I went to retrieve my card. When I returned to the desk, the young lady explained that I was now Blue (not Silver) and had no more points. No breakfast for us! Bummer. And no bottled water either :( LOL. Shame on Hilton for not telling me that they took away my points. And my color.
Coming from the DC area, I knew that the heat would fry me like an egg, so it was off to run on the treadmill in the exercise room. Well "room" is an overstatement. It is an exercise closet with NO air movement at all. Half the time that we stayed there (6 days) there were a bunch of teenagers from a sports team that used it as a place to watch TV. I didn't even bother complaining, I pick my battles.
The only thing that we really couldn't get used to was the water. Have you ever tried to rinse the water off of the water that's on your skin? You will at the Hilton. It's the water softener. What a nightmare. Shampoo bottles flying everywhere because they were "slickery"... Skin that doesn't feel clean... I will take hard water any day, thank you very much.
As for the rest of it, it was ok. The hotel is a stone's throw from a nice area, and a breath from the eh, not so nice area. I didn't use the hotel pool or hot tub because my parents have a better one :) Oh, and one of the teenagers had a nasty open sore on her arm and was headed to the pool. ICK! The hotel was clean and the staff was nice, but there are no real "extras" here.

Room Tip: There are four floors, ask for one on the top.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family