Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$104
Courtyard
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$66
US$189
Agoda.com
  • Pool
3,747 results
All reviewswater parkhole in the walllazy rivermini golfriver ranchbedroom casitacoyote campaunt chiladassports poolspring breakswim up barpool sidefamily vacationtennis courtslounge chairslarge poolliving area
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My wife and I and two girls, 5 and 7, picked this resort for a 5 night vacation getaway. This resort is not perfect, no resort is. HOWEVER, there is nothing I can nitpick about this resort that I can say diminished the great experience we had.

We arrived late on a Friday night and when I asked what upgrades may be available and the cost, I was advised that all the standard suites were taken and we were already upgraded to a casita for the entire stay at no extra charge. Great!

The Casita was lovely and we particularly loved the very large patio where we ate breakfast most mornings. The Casita was not "fancy" or "luxurious" but it had a nice layout and was nicely furnished. Very spacious as well. We loved it.

All of the staff we encountered from the lobby to the housekeeping to the pool were a pleasure. Always friendly and helpful.

We spent most of our trip to Phoenix at the resort itself just relaxing at the pool and basically charged everything to the room. The prices were fairly steep but not out of hand for a resort. The lunch food we ordered at the pool restaurant a couple of times was very good.

The location off of 51 was very convenient to get anywhere in the metro area. There was, however, not a very good selection of restaurants in the immediate area but many can be found 10-15 minutes drive from the resort.

Bottom line, this resort is a perfect place to relax and unwind with your family. We would definetaly recommend tbhis resort to anyone and plan on coming back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Hany K
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Hello Hany K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and review of our resort with your fellow travellers on TripAdvisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated! I am delighted to know you and your family had such a positive experience during your time with us. I hope to have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to our resort.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Large bedroom with a large entrance with TV, a sofa and two armchairs. Enough for three people.
Bedding was excellent
Fortunately Air conditioning was very cold because outside it was a nightmare for us around 110 °F.
No breakfast - only instant coffee and tea.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed at this resort for 4 nights while in Phoenix on business. It was towards the end of September so it wasn't too crowded when I went to the pools after work (not too many kids running around like I am sure there is during the summertime).

Like most resorts everything is spread out but the area is safe and the staff are very helpful. I stayed on the fourth floor on the south building and had a pretty decent view of the mountains. I loved falling asleep at night with the door open and hearing the waterfall which was located just below my room. The rooms seemed a little outdated but overall I was very impressed.

I also ordered room service and ate at Ricos a couple of times and for hotel food it was not bad at all so I would recommend that, especially for business travelers.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Matt C
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Hello Matt C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to know you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back to our resort in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

One of my closest friends and I shared a milestone birthday in September 2012. We booked rooms and casitas at this Hilton resort, and reserved a private dining room at Rico's restaurant. The location is wonderful. The casitas exceeded our expectations - especially the location right beside one of the many swimming pools and just a short walk to the lazy rver and water slide area. As many of us brought children, the casita location was just perfect.
Our trouble with the hotel, however, is in the customer service. The woman coordinating the Saturday birthday celebration with our friends was given conflicting information several times about the minimum/maximum number of guests the room at Rico's could accommodate. Each person she talked to had different information, none of which matched what the others said. Some guests complained to us that their bills were not correct after the dinner, with overcharges and incorrect change. Our own bill included a drink that was not ordered by myself or my husband.
But the worst mistake of all was when my brother called the hotel the Thursday before our weekend stay and ordered champagne for our room and paid the hotel bill in advance. We never got the champagne and were never told about his paying the bill. When we checked out we were given no information whatsoever, only told that we already had prepaid the amount. We assumed that it was on our own credit card. I called the hotel on Monday and left messages for the manager. No one called back. I called a second time and got to speak with the operations manager. He said the errors were unfortunate and that he would refund the incidental charges and taxes for the room - a total of about $34. I explained that though I was very disappointed in the service (another guest was next door to a room where they were installing tile all night with hammering and pounding keeping her awake) the real issue was making it right with my extremely generous brother. He asked for my brother's name and promised to call. It's been three days now, and we've heard nothing. Carrying the Hilton name implies a certain level of quality. This location is tarnishing the brand with its lack of followup, comedy of errors and general disorganization.

Room Tip: The casitas are great for family traveling even though the price is steeper. There is a dining and living room and upstairs sleeping area with a sundeck. Plenty of room to put the kids to bed and enjoy grown-up time afterward.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Hello Rose T,
First of all, I appreciate you taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor. Your positive comments are valued. However, it was disappointing to see your milestone celebration was not without challenges. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the oversights you experienced. I have reviewed and addressed the incident with our restaurant general manager and it is my understanding that he and your brother have spoken and discussed the situation. I truly hope you will consider allowing us another opportunity to welcome you and your family back. Please contact my office directly so I can ensure a more postive experience.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Back in the day, when these "Pointe" resorts were new, they were "the" place to stay. The property's a little past its prime now, but it's still an interesting place and the location on 16th Street is pretty central to different parts of the Phoenix metro. Suites are nice. Front desk staff was eager, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Hello FlyGuy47,
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review on TripAdvisor. The Pointe Resorts have been a Phoenix landmark for 35 years; never losing sight in the importance of providing a welcoming atmosphere and unique experience for our guests. Thank you for your favorable comments regarding our location and staff. We hope to welcome you back in the future.