“Good place, outstanding staff”

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Our (massive) running group booked out the whole resort for a long weekend of running Arizona trails and partying at the hotel. The staff were absolutely exceptional, friendly and helpful and dealt with our very boisterous group of 2,000-ish people very admirably. We enjoyed the pools and lazy river very much. Three friends and I stayed in one of the casitas that accommodated the four of us comfortably, and offered more amenities than your average hotel room. We particularly appreciated the kitchenette area and stocked up on our own food rather than eating out all the time. We visited some other friends who were staying in the standard suites too, and those were also spacious, clean and comfortable. My only challenge was not getting lost in the resort - it’s huge and my sense of direction is terrible once the beer is flowing! I loved all the cactuses everywhere! A wonderful, memorable experience at a place where the staff will go above and beyond to make your stay a good one.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,544)

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This is a proximately my third stay at this Resort. I cannot say enough wonderful things about my stays at this place. One of the concierge is that comes to mind is David Richardson who is absolutely outstanding. Very creative, he was able to find things for me to do and places to go to occupy my time here when I was engaged in business. The other concierge Carol is also delightful. While this is a bit of an older property they are doing some renovating which is working out really well. When I come to Phoenix for for business or pleasure is my place of choice, the Pointe Squaw Peak Hilton. I commend them on their high standards of excellence.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Sadly we only stayed one night en route from the airport to our next stop. We received a friendly welcome, speedy, efficient which is just what we needed after a long day travelling. Suite was dated, but very clean with everything we needed and more. Beds were comfy. Coffee was lovely. We had a wander round and liked what we saw. Popped into Ricos and ate a great meal there, then retired for the night. Checkout was very easy, all done from the room. We were up and out the next morning so never got to experience all this resort has to offer, but based on our brief stay, we would recommend it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

It reminds me of an old 70s condo subdivision. Our view is horrific and our patio is enclosed with a concrete wall you can't even see over if you sit in a patio chair. The patio is so narrow my mother and I can barely fit out here. I would think if they are going to make you state at the parking lot they could atleast make the concrete wall lose to see over. I don't enjoy being in the mountains staring at concrete while I have my morning coffee. The staff is nice and did allow us early check in but we won't be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Don't stay at this hotel. The lazy river pool was very dirty. There was loud jack hammering in the early morning and trucks making deliveries. The balconies were dirty and cramped. The elevator was out of service and we had to carry five bags and two children over stairs. Although property was not even close to capacity we had to pay $80.00 for an extended check out to meet out flight needs. Don't pay to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JonMcFarland-GM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for providing this feedback regarding your recent visit. Please accept my apologies for any frustrations you experienced during your stay. We are currently refreshing the North Pointe elevators in stages; I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this created for you. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team to ensure we take the appropriate steps as to not repeat what you experienced. Thank you again for your feedback.

At your service,