Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
US$85
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$169
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
3,685 results
All reviewshole in the wallwater parkmini golflazy riverriver ranchbedroom casitacoyote campaunt chiladassports poolspring breakswim up barmain poolfamily vacationtennis courtslounge chairslarge poolliving area
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We arrived very early on a Tuesday morning knowing full well we couldn't get in our room Front desk was helpful in that they arranged for our bags to be stored and said that we would receive a text when our room was ready. After our day's activity, we were assigned a pool side suite in South Pointe. Our room was right on the first level beside a breezeway to the parking lot. I dreaded the amount of noise potential, but figured we could deal with it. The suite was a decent size with two queen beds. I do not believe that this room was renovated, but it was ok. Normal wear and tear, but the room was clean. There is also a refrigerator that is handy. There are two rooms connected by the bathroom area. Doors close between all rooms, so that was nice as it cut down on the dreaded noise and also allowed my husband and I to get ready for golf early in the morning while our 12 year old continued to sleep.
The pools were fine. At the south pointe pool, there was a lot of reserving of poolside chairs. I don't usually have a problem with that as long as you see people using them at some point. A lot of reserved chairs went unused for the times that we were at the pool. The funniest thing was when someone had "reserved" six chairs at some point in the morning (or even the night before) and was irritated when he showed up at noon to find someone sitting in his chairs. We had been at the pool for three hours and never even saw him.......At the water park, there were never any chairs available on the days that we went. A lot of towels on chairs, but no people to be seen. Perhaps people were "reserving" chairs at two pools? The problem is it only takes one person to start the reserving and then everyone else feels they have to do the same. Management obviously had complaints and sent a phone message about how there would be monitoring of the pool chairs. We are home, but wonder how that went. Also, there were people in the pool at 7am playing Marco Polo. Very inconsiderate, but that is not the hotel--that is on the rude guests. A little awareness and consideration of other people would go a long way.
The biggest drawback of this resort is the cost of food and drink at the poolside bars/restaurants. The same food at Rico's cost at least $3 more per item at the pool. The beers were priced similar to those at the MLB park, Chase Field. It just seemed like a big price gouge and the options were limited at that.
The beds were ok. Nothing great, but I have slept on worse in other hotels. Housekeeping was good as well.
Overall, I would consider staying here again. The location was great and overall we had a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
JonMcFarland-GM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello Anna Y,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review, and sharing your experience with fellow travelers. I'm really happy to know you were pleased with your accommodations. The concerns regarding our guests saving chairs was addressed immediately, as we do not permit this. My personal message, our teams' heightened awareness and enforcement efforts have been effective in curbing it. I'm sorry you had to experience this, but am grateful to know that it won't hinder your decision to visit us again. We look forward to welcoming you back! Thank you again for this review.

At your service,
Jon

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We all loved this place. Economical yet offers a lot. Perfect for kids. Pool and lazy river is great. Room was large and very clean appears to be recently updated. The server we had at the pool our first day was on top of it. Not so much with the one we had on day 2. Food at the pool was very good. Mini golf was too crowded and kind of run down. Lazy river is nice and large. Staff was very friendly. Getting chairs at the pool can be competitive but we were here during spring break which is a busy time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hello NoahandBen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. I am very happy to see that you appreciated the value we have to offer and enjoyed your time with us. Your feedback on the staff and resort amenities is thoughtful and helpful as we continue to strive to provide outstanding service. We hope to welcome you back to the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort for a future visit.

At your service,
Jon

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this resort four times over the past decade and it continues to impress. We have four kids and have lived watching them “grow up” on Spring Break here. The rooms are suite style and large enough for 6, as long as you can out two on a pullout couch. The River Ranch water park is so much fun. The lazy river and unlimited mini golf are our personal favorites. Our most recent trip wasn’t without issue, as upon arrival we were checked into a room that had only been partially cleaned, however, management took care of it right away and moved us and gave us a resort credit without us even asking. The food is as it pricey, so we typically eat off the resort, but do enjoy the adult beverages by the pool. This place is definitely for families and probably not best for couples or business travel, at least at this time of year.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stayed in the updated North building, which was perfect with the kids. It was nice that the kids did not have to be ultra behaved all the time because there were so many other families around. We made last minute change and left a newer property and were so glad that we did. We had so much more fun. The front desk did an amazing job accommodating our last minute travel change. Awesome place to travel with kids, or you can go down the waterslide yourself!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Where do I begin? Rooms were nice enough even though they are old, small and have extremely low ceilings.....fire code issue? We felt like we were in a coffin. The real excitement began when we headed over to the pool by our unit. No chairs. All taken. The hot tub that was associated with the pool contained dark brown / green water. Looked like a baby diaper blow out, but kids were still swimming in it. Health issue? Human petri dish? Communicable diseases? I believe so. Due to the cleanliness of the 1st pool, we decided to walk over to the larger pool. On our way through the parking lot to the other pool, I noticed lots of people hanging out by the backs of their cars and or trucks....with coolers...eating picnics? Strange I thought. My wife, daughter and I had purchased large fountain drinks for the afternoon. I was a little shocked to find out that they made us dispose of them due to a no outside food and beverage rule. Bull, but I can deal with it. Hence why all of the people were have "picnics" our of their cars in the parking lots. Tough for most family's to afford a $12 hot dog and a $6 coke for junior. So we check in and go to get towels. No towels available. Huh? Major resort, billions of $'s in revenue and didn't plan ahead to make sure they have enough towels for the paying guests? Not to be deterred, we go to find chairs. After about 20 minutes of walking around, no open chairs to be found.

We decided to check out and head over to the JW Marriott. The front office manager could have given a crap about us leaving. I told him we were checking out, he asked why, he shrugged and just looked at me.

I have been a Hilton Diamond member for 20 years and I spend between 100 and 120 nights per year in hotels. Based on this experience and two other recent Hilton property experiences that I have had in the past few weeks, I will not stay at a Hilton property again. I also book 3 or 4 company events per year. Goodbye Hilton.

What kind of incompetent jokers due they having running this place?

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family