“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Review of fame caffe

fame caffe
Ranked #191 of 3,255 Restaurants in Phoenix
Description: Fàme (pronounced Fà-me) Means Hungry In Italy And Northern Spain. At Fàme Caffe, Classically Trained Chef Ivan Prepares Carefully Sourced Food With Passion. His Wife Maria, Who Grew Up In The Hospitality Industry, Creates A Warm And Welcoming Atmosphere In Which To Enjoy It. The Combination Is Delicious, Satisfying And The Best Experience In Phoenix Arizona. • Farm To Table • • Breakfast • • Lunch •
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Found this place through Trip Advisor. It didn't disappoint! Options for the meat eaters and the plant based eaters in our group. Scramble was delicious. Coffee was as well. The others in the group also enjoyed their meals of pancakes and omelettes. Table service was excellent - timely and attentive without being intrusive. Counter service was okay - felt a bit rushed not because of people behind us but because the gal behind the counter was talking so quickly. It gave us all the feeling we needed to rush our order rather than having a few minutes to really look over the menu. It worked out okay though because the food was all delicious. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first visit to Fa'me. It is a do-it-yourself type establishment where you order and pay in advance then take a number with you to your table. Paying in advance is a bit of a negative because one does not know the appropriate tip to leave since the entire service experience has yet to take place. If you order coffee, they hand you a cup and you get in line to fill your cup. If you visit, take some time, (standing out of the line if any) to study the menu and ask questions. The cashier is helpful and will answer any questions. The food was good (had an omelet) though the toast was already cold and not served with jam or butter; not sure if I needed to get these items myself?
Don't know if we'll try this place again since we prefer table service that is afforded by nearby excellent eateries such as Matt's Big Breakfast and the St. Francis. Overall, we gave this place 3.5 stars for both food and service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Besides the fact that this place is adorable the food is really good and the prices are unfortable. Highly recommend the veggie scramble even if you are a meat lover. Note that full service is available only in the weekends so order at the cash register on the weekdays.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When you need a great big breakfast, (not to mention it's farm to table fresh), but the atmosphere is also extremely important, this is a goto spot. I had a mimosa made to order with freshly squeezed OJ and chicken sausage, eggs, and pancakes, and then another mimosa. The girl with this amazing hair at the front counter, I forgot her name sorry to say, but she was super friendly and helpful when ordering. The inside reminded me of being in another country for the day which I loved. It was packed and you wait in line to order, then grab a table but the line moves fast. Food comes out hot which is top priority on my list, not crazy expensive, and I ate it all! Really hard to find chicken sausage also top on my list!!! Will go again and again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Heard about this place from friends. The best bloody Mary’s I have ever had (add Tito’s vodka). Had eggs Benedict, not traditional but delicious spin on a favorite. Served with arugula, avocado, and prosciutto. Everything was farm fresh.