“They have potential, but missed the mark today”
Review of Carly's Bistro

Carly's Bistro
Ranked #272 of 3,258 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 July 2015

I liked: there was parking, servers were very friendly, clean restrooms and plenty of tables.

I didn't like that my server convinced me to skip the two sandwiches I was interested in and get her favorite: Prosciutto, brie, pear slices and balsamic vinaigrette on focaccia. The pears were rock hard and completely flavorless. They made what would have been a really good sandwich, really cardboard and dull. Seriously, no in that restaurant is tasting their food, or they would not have served those.

Reviewed 17 May 2015

Found this little treasure when I was looking for a late dinner after a movie. Lots of parking in the back. It's a cute place that is perfect for hanging out with friends. There's an outside patio and a roomy interior. There was a nice influx of people, creating a friendly buzz, but you were able to hold a conversation easily. Service was awesome and the food just as outstanding. I had the best sandwich I've ever had. Chunks of tender moist smoked salmon with creme fraiche, capers, and crisp cool cukecumbers cooked panini style creating a tender crisp bread. They have a great selection of beers. For desert I had nutella layered in a croissant. It's cooked panini style so the croissant becomes crisp with buttery layers, and the nuttella is warm and gooey. Superb way to end an evening. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

Right on Roosevelt, within walking distance of Film Bar and The Nash, this great bistro frequently features live music and always a good ambiance.

Reviewed 8 March 2015

Nice simple atmosphere, clean well balanced dishes, relaxed vibe, good service.
A nice place for a comfortable break in the Roosevelt District.
I've been for lunch and dinner. We always feel that we were well treated, and enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

This is my favorite restaurant in the area near Roosevelt Row. They always have fantastic draft beers and sandwiches. On this trip I had the ultimate grilled cheese (prosciutto bacon, aged brie, smoked mozzarella, swiss) that comes with tomato bisque. I would highly recommend.