“Great Dips, Average Dinner”
Review of Carly's Bistro

Carly's Bistro
Ranked #272 of 3,258 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Came to Carly's Bistro for Trivia Night which was really fun, unfortunately we had to leave early to catch a flight but it was a really great fun environment. We got the Feta Rosa and the Artichoke Dip and we really loved both. We could not stop eating them, we had to ask for more pita and bread because we were making sure not an inch went to waste. I wish I could say the same for the sandwiches and salads we got for dinner. They were just average. The europa was decent, the grilled cheese sandwich was good but the tomato soup was very bland and the greek salad was mediocre. I would definitely recommend this place to get drinks and appetizers and for trivia or other fun nights but not necessarily worth it for the other food.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Carly's is a nice little spot to get a quick bit right here in Evans-Churchill/Roosevelt Row. It isn't fancy, but the food is good and the folks are friendly. The meatball sub is so tasty - just the right amount of marinara and the hoagie roll is toasted to perfection. the orzo salad is also very tasty - simply dressed with olive oil and combined with some olives and tomatoes. Very tasty and refreshing.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Stopped in from out of town with family, and arrived around 10:30AM. This place was quiet and relaxing. There was someone playing Jazz live, and they had the best bloody marys and mimosas. I had the avocado toast with egg and it was really great. If I lived in Phoenix I would definitely make it a regular place, and I bet at night this restaurant/bar is a lot of fun.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I've tasted better; I wasn't impressed at all. For casual dining I can honestly say I wasn't expecting a five star experience, but an experience better than Denny's or IHOP. I ordered hummus, pita bread, the recommended tomato bisque soup and grilled cheese... blah, blah, blah. I could have made it at home and saved money. The soup was very acidic with no flavor. I'm not trying to be rude but honest.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

I have been here for lunch and brunch numerous times and am always impressed with the food. As a vegetarian, there are tons of choices on the menu. The sandwiches are exceptionally good. I highly recommend the Tuscan. Great service and atmosphere. Must try if in the area.