Hampton Inn Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$144
Hampton.com
Quality Inn(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$239
US$203
The Forest Villas Hotel(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$154
Hotels.com
US$331
US$280
Hotel Vendome(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$119
The Motor Lodge(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$89
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

TripAdvisor
Grand Highland Hotel(Prescott)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspeacock roomhistoric hotelpeacock restaurantoriginal elevatorprime riboperated elevatorwhiskey rowrooms are smallromance packagedowntown prescottcorner roommodern amenitiesbeautiful lobbyart decotown squarelike stepping back in timeking suite
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The hotel was renovated in 1987 but still has original structure and as such was squeaky and noisy just walking in our room. There is poor insulation between rooms and outdoor sounds come through too easily. Downtown at night generally is very quiet although not so much on Saturday night at least.

Our room was also very small and with one sink by a bed and not in the bathroom. The shower stall was very small.

There are really no amenities that make up for these shortcomings. Coffee make in the room is just average. Coffee downstairs is $2.50 a cup but at times I had to wait in line even for that service. No free paper, no room refrigerator or small safe for valuables.

The location is great but downtown is not far from many other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hello Dan,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you had noise issues at the hotel. And I am sorry you didn't find the hotel as enjoyable as most do. I am happy to discuss with you further if you would like to. Take care

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This historic hotel has a beautiful lobby as well as a nice patio and is in a great location in the centre of Prescott, a lovely town to visit with lots of good quality shops and great bars/restaurants. However the rooms and especially the bathroom are quite small even though very clean .The big inconvenience is the lift, yes so historic that you have to call a member of staff to use it ! definitively not very 2017. We did not try the restaurant but the menu looked interesting and fairly priced. The lady in the bar was friendly and efficient. Check in was not so friendly when we got there. There is a car park reserved for customers.It was however a good experience to stay there.

Room Tip: The highest floors seem to have quieter and better rooms but you will have to use the stairs or wait for a member of staff for the lift.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hello, Corinne,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hassayampa Inn. I am sorry you found the original elevator to be an inconvenience. The staff is trained to be called to the elevator as quickly as needed. I am also sorry to hear that the check-in staff was not friendly with you, I will address this with them.
We hope you visit again and try the restaurant next time!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Stephanie and her team made our wedding day dreams come true! The weather was a huge concern but everyone made it as stress-free for me and my groom and that was so important to me. The day of the wedding was a blast since I didn't have to worry about the details. Everyone that helped us was super attentive and considerate in every way. The best part is that our guests really enjoyed themselves and there was ZERO complaints. The hotel rooms were nice, very clean. I was hoping that the rooms themselves would have more of a "vintage" feel but other than that, our stay there was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello Georgina,
I'm pleased to see your review as well as happy to hear that Stephanie assisted in making your wedding special. I will make sure to pass that on to her. :)
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, as well as your guests, did. We hope you will visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations. From the constant jazz music playing to the fantastic lobby- it was really a treat to stay here.
Yes, the rooms are small, but they are clean and quaint and nice.
Yes, the bathrooms are tiny, but they are clean and serve their purpose.
We never used the elevator, but apparently it's the original one that the staff has to run for you. For some reason I kept tripping up the stairs.. I'm not sure if they are a different "vintage" size than I am not used to, but I tripped twice (so be careful!).

Cons:
- The staff wasn't welcoming or responsive to my husband or myself. We're young and maybe they're used to helping only older people? I don't know, it wasn't great customer service though.
- Not much parking. We had to park on the street.

Pros:
- Right in the middle of the downtown area.
- Great price.
- Vintage style (makes you feel like a flapper or something)
- Coffee shop in the lobby with delicious coffee!

Overall, super experience in a historic hotel with lots of character!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hello Mary,
Thank you for the great review. We take all comments seriously and I am very sorry to hear that the staff wasn't welcoming to you. I will address this with staff and am happy to hear from you regarding it, should you want to discuss further.

There is a lot across the street for the hotel if nobody told you. I'm glad you had an overall great experience and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Like a lot of older hotels, we stayed here because it was very close to the square. But these older properties come with some cautions, especially for those of us who are used to newer choices.

Pluses:

- Close to the square
- Priced right for a parlor (2 room) suite
- Quaint with lots of character
- The staff was uniformly pleasant
- The room was kept up

Minuses:

- The elevator was staffed by hotel personnel and you had to call to use it
- The bathroom was tight and using the toilet was an issue
- The tub needed some hand holds
- WiFi was almost non-existent

We weren't crazy about the hotel, but for a couple days, it met our main criteria of being within walking distance of the square.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SalfromIL
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I am happy to see the good points of your review and sad that you found the historical significant points of the hotel, i.e., the original 1927 Otis elevator and the smaller bathrooms to be a burden to your stay and worthy of a lower rating. There are room options that have larger bathrooms if available. Reservations are always happy to assist in this area. I will have the staff look into wifi, this has not been complained about so thank you for bringing that to my attention. If you would care to discuss anything in more detail please feel free to contact me and good luck with future visits to Prescott.