“Paper thin walls”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I will not stay here again! At 1 am the room next to us decided to be noisy. The hotel isn't responsible for that but we could hear every word, they need to fix that. Good location, breakfast was toast, sweet rools, juice and coffee, we had to go get breakfast. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2017

This is a step above an economy hotel, but still has some of the issues you get when you get an economy motel. I would be willing to come back. But there are so many choices in this city, I would probably try another hotel if I come back.

First the good: I have a nice king sized bed, with a quiet refrigerator and microwave. The heater/air is quiet also and works well. Staff has been friendly. Close to downtown and Emery-Riddle and Yapavai College. Cable on the tv, which is NOT analog. Free internet, though it has dropped a couple of times, has worked.

Now the not so good: I was not happy they advertised they had hair dryers and they did not. (The pool is mentioned as being closed till further notice, but when you get here, it has been filled in.) The parking lot is barely adequate. When you leave, if it is full, your car has to perform contortions to get out. The room is not lit well. The room shows a lack of maintenance. Apparently it used to be an Econolodge before it was a Rodeway, so I am not sure what issues are hold overs from the previous hotel. The mattress is comfortable, but old, so it is higher in the middle and lower on the sides (so sleep in the middle). I was here for a week, and the maids did not come every day, but that was not a big issue for me. Entrance and exit out of the hotel is made difficult by the traffic. Sometimes you have to turn right and then come back so you can turn left. Walls are a bit thin, so when I had noisy neighbors, I was kept awake. Not terribly uncommon with a lot of hotels.

Overall, I was ok with the hotel, so considering I got it at a good discount, not unhappy, but as I said, might try another next time.

Room Tip: pick a room toward the back to avoid some of the road noise
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Room was extremely clean and spacious. There were enough outlets in convenient places to accommodate all my gear. All amenities were clean and in working order. I was traveling alone and felt quite secure staying there. The bed was very comfortable.

I especially want to commend Kevin, the host, who was very kind and accommodating. As I was leaving the next morning, he noticed that a couple tires on my truck were low, so directed me to places that could check them for leaks. I am so grateful that he noticed the flat tires before I got on a freeway and had major issues with blowouts or worse. The tires were beyond repair! A trip to Costco and 2 new tires later, I made it safely home to California. Thanks, Kevin!

Great hotel, great Manager! Hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank WaganupaWest
Reviewed 25 September 2016

The parking was very bad set up.The room had spots that had not finished with the repair, no paint.When I went to use the bath room it smelled.I got up in middle of night to use the toilet,I saw a big bug.Not sure what it was cause I covered with towel and killed it. Breakfast was old bread to toast and hard sweet rolls.They did not even have real cream for the coffee, only the powder stuff and the oj was not real.Usually I pay less and get more.Not your normal Choice Hotel

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2016

The room was decorated very nicely, it was clean, and I couldn't believe how quiet it was even though we were close to the street. Unfortunately the breakfast was very poor, they should advertise continental, coffee and pastries only. I did at least expect fruit, bagels, and cereal with milk. The staff was polite and we will definitely stay there again and just will be prepared to eat at a local restaurant for breakfast.

Room Tip: we were downstairs under the stairs
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple