“Best Western Prescottonian Hotel”

Best Western Prescottonian
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I was fortunate to get a ground level room and staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good. It included eggs and meats, waffles, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, cereal and fruit. Beds were comfortable. The rooms were clean but mine had a smoky smell although it said a no smoking room.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms did not have an elevator
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Debbie B, General Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am glad that you had an overall good experience with us. I am sorry that you experienced an odor in your room. Although all of our rooms are non-smoking, we do have the occasional guest that will just step outside the door and smoke. We try to discourage this by placing ash trays away from the the doors as much as possible. I hope that you consider staying with us again the next time you come to Prescott.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We have stayed at this Best Western a few times and always a pleasant experience. Faith, at the front desk upon check in, was fantastic. She takes time with you and makes you feel you are a valued customer. Faith was also there a few days later as we checked out and made sure we had a pleasant stay. We could not have had a better person take care of us. The room is good size, had 2 queens, and a nice view facing north. Our room was very clean, comfortable and had a great night sleep for the 3 nights we were there. The breakfast was great and a good start to the day. The breakfast room is a short walk from your room which makes it very convenient. The breakfast staff kept everything clean and full, I give a lot of credit to them to help people start their day. Next time I go to Prescott, this Best Western will come first to mind when I book.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie B, General Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

I appreciate your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that Faith went above and beyond to make your experience memorable. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to her. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again on your next trip to Prescott.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have returned because of my prior experience with this hotel. The buffet breakfast is great( 2 types of meat, 2 styles of eggs, waffles, fruit, juices, and all the fixings, the employees seem to care and the room is always clean. The room has everything I need-frig, microwave, coffeemaker, hair dryer, iron, and coffee maker.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share such wonderful compliments. I hope that you were able to enjoy Prescott while you were here. If you ever need suggestions for where to go, whether it be an indoor or outdoor activity, just ask one of our desk clerks at check in. They are all terrific at suggesting their favorite places. We appreciate your comments and hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel looks like a prison barracks and is located along a very busy highway. The pool is very tiny and sits next to the highway. The exterior of the building is cement blocks and the surrounding neighborhood looks desolate. It was very disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie B, General Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

I am sorry to hear that we were not the type of hotel that you were hoping for. We are a motel, not a resort type of hotel with all the extra frills and amenities that they offer. However, if you are here to visit historic downtown Prescott, Whiskey Row, or any of our local lakes and trails, then we are very conveniently located for your vacation. We are directly across the street from the beautiful Yavapai College campus, 1/2 mile from historic Fort Whipple and the VA campus, and only 4 miles from Watson lake. I hope that you received wonderful customer service during your stay and that the rest of your trip to Prescott was terrific. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your review.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I would have rated Excellent if it weren't for the slow restocking of the breakfast items. Room was large, the king size bed was comfortable, and no issues with the room. The staff was friendly, and I had no problems with the internet. Location was good, a 20 minute walk to "Whiskey Row" and downtown.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I have had a meeting with both breakfast attendants, and the problem should be fixed. If it is not, I assure you it won't happen a third time. We offer a full hot buffet breakfast for a three hour period and all of our items should be available for that full timespan. I know that you still gave us a nice review and we truly appreciate the compliments. However, I want to thank you for bringing your breakfast experience to my attention. Sometimes guests can be reluctant to complain about an issue, especially when they feel they had an overall good stay. We accept that there will always things we need to improve on and your comments help us to do better for our guests. I truly appreciate your review!