Holiday Inn Express Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$78
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

Hampton Inn Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$99
US$129
US$99
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

The Forest Villas Hotel(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
US$93
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Residence Inn Prescott(Prescott)
US$143
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

Hotel Vendome(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$139
The Motor Lodge(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$119
All reviewssports bar next doorclose to downtownonly thing i missedparking is tightbig chainsaffordable place to staybasic amenitiesbusy roadwhiskey rowcoffee makerclean roomson premisesolder propertygurley streetrecommend staying hereshort staymicrowave and refrigerator
Reviewed 1 May 2016

No pets allowed. Friendly owners that take time to visit. Leave the car at the motel and take Classic )Classy) Taxi around.
Clean rooms and reasonable rates. Great location. A few bucks more than the local Motel 6. Would stay there again if I did not have my dog along.
Room had a small refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffee maker.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelerWithDog
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind words! We are glad to hear that you found your room to be clean, comfortable, affordable, well equipped and our staff accommodating & kind. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and recommending us to future guests. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Prescott. Cheers!

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

I made the reservation through Hotels.com and on the confirmation, it states that we will not be charged until we check in and "Guests planning to arrive after 10 PM must contact this property by 7 PM in advance to arrange check-in". We did not plan on arriving later than 10pm so we did not call and when we arrived close to 9pm the lady very irately told me that they tried to charge us by running our card, BEFORE we arrived, which came back declined for an unknown reason, she then tried to call us and left a message that we didn't get because we were traveling through mountains with no signal. The Heritage House then CANCELLED our reservation before we even arrived and sold the room and had no rooms left. They were going to collect double payment on that room because we would have been charged by Hotels.com since we did not cancel it ourselves. So we arrive to find that we have no room, our children are crying in the car because we are not sure where we can stay, we had planned this so long ago to see our friends who only come here to AZ once a year. If they had just waited until we arrived and checked in, we could have given them another credit card. They claim that we had to check in before 7pm but nowhere in the confirmation did it say that. Hotels.com did not charge us, thankfully, and we found a nice room at the Best Western which offers free breakfast, a beautiful room, they were super friendly and gave us a great rate. So, luckily it worked out but I still can't believe that the Heritage House would cancel and sell our room before we even arrived to check in. I'm glad that they won't get our money, at least!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank meeyaa6
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear guest, we are sorry about your disappointing experience. All credit cards are charged on the day of arrival at 6:00 pm. The reason why we canceled your reservation, was because your card was declined. As a courtesy, before canceling your reservation we called and left you a message, but you did not respond to us. All hotels follow these types of regulations. If the card is not good, hotels are entitled to cancel the reservation. For example, it is very similar to booking an airline ticket on the internet or through an agent; if the card is not good then the airlines will not sell you a ticket.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

I have been staying at the Heritage House Motel for almost all of my visits to Prescott (more than10) during my last four years of graduate school. I cannot overstate how welcome I have felt every time, despite the fact that I certainly am not an easy guest. I usually arrive way past opening hours and often have had to change dates last minute. Grace always goes out of her way to accommodate me and never fails to ask how else she can make my stay more comfortable. I find her and her husband not only very friendly but also very generous hosts. They take meticulous care of their rooms and are always seeking to improve their service. I really cannot recommend Heritage House Motel highly enough. I have not had a single problem and look forward to my stay every time.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much for your wonderful review and kind words! We are glad to hear that you had a great experience at our motel. We are also happy to hear that you found your room to be clean, well equipped, and our staff accommodating & kind. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and recommending us to future guests. See you again on your next visit to Prescott! Cheers!

Reviewed 7 April 2016

My husband and I stayed one night at the Heritage House while traveling by bike in the area. We travel a lot by bike, and as a rule prefer small privately owned motels. I've been in the hospitality business for many years, and supporting these owners is a priority during our travels. Unfortunately, our experience here was not great.

I'll start with the good. As many other reviewers have already said, the place is immaculately clean. Even the outside walls of this motel are sparkling. The owners obviously take pride in their business, and I like to see that. It's a lot of work to maintain even the smallest motel. The bed was comfortable, the fridge and microwave was a great touch, and the coffee supplied for the little 4 cup pot in the room was okay. It was one step above the usual watered down mess you get in a motel room. This was actually important to us, as they do not provide early morning coffee in the office. Also, the man working in the office in the morning of our check-out was pleasant.

Unfortunately, the not so good was too much to overlook. The woman who checked us in seemed a bit off put about our arrival. I did not feel welcome there. There was a small bit of attempt at semi-polite small talk, but that stopped abruptly when she looked outside to see my husband light a cigarette. Yes, I know there are many people who don't care for smokers, but this was just a bit weird. She stopped what we were talking about completely and just started lecturing me on all their non-smoking policies and how they had to charge someone a fee the night before to someone who smoked in their room. I felt like I was being lectured like a child, but assured her we were aware the motel was non-smoking. She then ran my husband's card and asked that he come in to sign the slip. I called him in to do this, and the woman yells at him to put that cigarette in the ashtray, not the ground. Really?? I thought. Is this happening? I told her, he's not finished with it. He's just putting it down so he can come in and sign. "Well it goes in the ashtray." "Okay."

So we move on from this, and she gives us a room. I notice it's on the second floor, and ask if there is a first floor option. There is, she says, but it's a different type of room than you booked. I can move you down, no charge. I say I'll go out and discuss with my husband. We decide to stay downstairs. When I walk back in, she says there are more people here, they're just out doing things right now. If you want to move downstairs there will be a charge. I'm not sure how things changed in that 30 seconds, but they did. At this point, I simply wanted to be away from this woman. So I took our second floor room. My husband and I chatted for bit outside of the office, locked up our bikes, etc. and the whole time I felt like she was staring at us out of her office window. Maybe by this point I was just feeling very unwelcome, but every time I glanced at the window she was looking right at us. It was eerie. If I wouldn't have made a reservation with a 24 cancellation, I would have left. She was rude, and I felt like I needed to accommodate her... not the other way around. Honestly, if I treated my guests this way, I wouldn't have very many.

The pillows on the bed were rock hard and flat. The office does not open until 8:00 a.m. and closes at 10:00 p.m., so if you're arriving later make sure and call in advance to make arrangements. The steps weren't bad, but the metal railing was pretty short on the upper floor outside corridor. It also had a pretty wide space between posts. If you have small children, make certain you do not have a second floor room.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie H
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear guest, we are sorry to hear about your disappointment. When you arrived at 6:00 pm, we were already sold out of rooms with one king bed on the ground floor and you did not request for a ground floor during the time of you booking the room. We did have rooms available on the ground floor, however these rooms had two beds in them and they are at a higher rate. Perhaps you had misunderstood the clerk, but she did explain to you that rooms with two beds are at a higher rate than rooms with one bed. It is very common for hotels to have a range of prices for the different types of rooms and a room with two beds will cost more than a room with one bed. It would be very similar to upgrading a seat from economy to first class on an airplane, first class seats are at a higher price than economy seats.

As for the smoking, the clerk did not yell at your husband for not placing his cigarette into the ashtray. She kindly explained and showed him that there was an ashtray available on the table for him to place the cigarette instead of placing it on the ground if he wanted to finish it later. As for the smoking policy, we simply explain this policy to all of our guests so that they are aware. Smoking inside of the rooms is prohibited and will result in a fine if guests smoke inside the room. Once a guest smokes inside the room, we have to close the room down and preform a deep clean. We cannot rent that room out for several days due to the smell. Many people have allergies to smoke and have difficulty breathing. If we don’t mention the policy to the guests during the time of check-in then the following day they say that they were not aware of any policies and that no one explained to them.

We also are sorry to hear that you experienced the feeling of being watched. Unfortunately our office is located right in front of the stairs and we are not able to reposition it. You may have seen the clerk inside the office and behind the counter quite a bit, but that was because she was checking in other guests into the motel.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Great little hotel for when you don't want to pay for extras you won't need or use. Spacious room, quiet, close to downtown (15 min walking). Friendly staff. Minifrige, microwave, coffee maker w/ coffee, small dining table, writing desk,. Free WiFi. Perfectly.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Christian S
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much for your wonderful review and kind words! We are glad to hear that you found your room to be quiet, comfortable, affordable, spacious, well equipped, close to the downtown area and our staff accommodating & kind. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Prescott. Cheers!