“Quaint and comfortable”

Heritage House Motel
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 1 June 2016

The motel is conveniently located on Gurley Street, a couple of blocks from cross streets full of Victorian homes and a few blocks from the Court House square and Whiskey Row. There is nothing either modern or elegant about this place, but the price is right and the place is clean and functional. The only negative was traffic noise once in a while during the night. This could probably be avoided by asking for a room toward the back of the building.

Room Tip: probably quieter towards the back of the building.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tijuanade
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review and kind words! We are glad to hear that you found your room to be clean, comfortable, affordable, well equipped, and close to the downtown area. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Prescott. Cheers!

There are newer reviews for Heritage House Motel

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

This is the first hotel/motel we have stayed in for ages where I didn't feel like we were staying in other people's dirt. Very clean and well taken care off. We will definitely stay again and recommend it to friends. The motel offers everything one needs.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla W
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind words and wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you found your room to be clean and well equipped. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and recommending us to future guests. See you again on your next visit to Prescott! Cheers!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

No pets allowed. Friendly owners that take time to visit. Leave the car at the motel and take Classic )Classy) Taxi around.
Clean rooms and reasonable rates. Great location. A few bucks more than the local Motel 6. Would stay there again if I did not have my dog along.
Room had a small refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffee maker.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelerWithDog
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind words! We are glad to hear that you found your room to be clean, comfortable, affordable, well equipped and our staff accommodating & kind. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and recommending us to future guests. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Prescott. Cheers!

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

I made the reservation through Hotels.com and on the confirmation, it states that we will not be charged until we check in and "Guests planning to arrive after 10 PM must contact this property by 7 PM in advance to arrange check-in". We did not plan on arriving later than 10pm so we did not call and when we arrived close to 9pm the lady very irately told me that they tried to charge us by running our card, BEFORE we arrived, which came back declined for an unknown reason, she then tried to call us and left a message that we didn't get because we were traveling through mountains with no signal. The Heritage House then CANCELLED our reservation before we even arrived and sold the room and had no rooms left. They were going to collect double payment on that room because we would have been charged by Hotels.com since we did not cancel it ourselves. So we arrive to find that we have no room, our children are crying in the car because we are not sure where we can stay, we had planned this so long ago to see our friends who only come here to AZ once a year. If they had just waited until we arrived and checked in, we could have given them another credit card. They claim that we had to check in before 7pm but nowhere in the confirmation did it say that. Hotels.com did not charge us, thankfully, and we found a nice room at the Best Western which offers free breakfast, a beautiful room, they were super friendly and gave us a great rate. So, luckily it worked out but I still can't believe that the Heritage House would cancel and sell our room before we even arrived to check in. I'm glad that they won't get our money, at least!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank meeyaa6

Dear guest, we are sorry about your disappointing experience. All credit cards are charged on the day of arrival at 6:00 pm. The reason why we canceled your reservation, was because your card was declined. As a courtesy, before canceling your reservation we called and left you a message, but you did not respond to us. All hotels follow these types of regulations. If the card is not good, hotels are entitled to cancel the reservation. For example, it is very similar to booking an airline ticket on the internet or through an agent; if the card is not good then the airlines will not sell you a ticket.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

I have been staying at the Heritage House Motel for almost all of my visits to Prescott (more than10) during my last four years of graduate school. I cannot overstate how welcome I have felt every time, despite the fact that I certainly am not an easy guest. I usually arrive way past opening hours and often have had to change dates last minute. Grace always goes out of her way to accommodate me and never fails to ask how else she can make my stay more comfortable. I find her and her husband not only very friendly but also very generous hosts. They take meticulous care of their rooms and are always seeking to improve their service. I really cannot recommend Heritage House Motel highly enough. I have not had a single problem and look forward to my stay every time.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
HHM_Management, Manager at Heritage House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much for your wonderful review and kind words! We are glad to hear that you had a great experience at our motel. We are also happy to hear that you found your room to be clean, well equipped, and our staff accommodating & kind. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and recommending us to future guests. See you again on your next visit to Prescott! Cheers!