“Nostalgic stay”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 18 September 2017

You wrote a review for Hotel Vendome 3 hours ago
5.0 star rating 9/17/2017
I love this hotel! I came up to Prescott to attend a funeral and based on a recommendation from a friend, I booked a night at Hotel Vendome. From the moment I walked up the steps and saw people in rocking chairs chatting away with drinks in hand, I knew I'd like it. I walked through the door and the smell of 1917 hit me. I LOVE THE SMELL OF "OLD"! Wow... it was like stepping through time. The wood, the lobby furniture...the skinny stairway leading up to the 2nd floor...just gorgeous. I was led to my room on the first floor. The hallway was just as vintage, with an old wedding dress in a glass case and a few other antiques in the hallway. I was disappointed I was not able to reserve a room with a claw-foot tub, but I did get a soaking tub. The bed was amazingly comfy, as it had a tempur-pedic type topper on it. Sheets smelled clean and were a good thread-count. Pillows were abundant and great for sitting up in bed to watch TV. I went back to the front desk and asked for a recommendation for dinner. The young man asked what kind of food I liked, and I said if there is an authentic Italian place, I'll take it. He recommended Papa's, and it was within walking distance. (It was FANTASTIC.) Upon my return, I grabbed a glass of wine from the bar, retired to my room and took a nice, hot bath. I slept like a rock and didn't hear a thing all night. In the morning, I tiptoed down to the guest pantry with my $1 and made a cup of Italian Roast coffee in the handy Kuerig. I didn't want to leave! Check out was simple - just put your key in the cup!
I have one suggestion to management: please think about adding caffeine-free herbal tea. It would have been great to also have a relaxing cup of Chamomile before bed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
VendomeHotelPrescott, Manager at Hotel Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for your detailed review, we're glad you enjoyed Hotel Vendome and everything from the guest pantry to the bed and our front porch! We will take on the suggestion for chamomile tea!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Love this quiet, quaint hotel near the town square. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft. The bathroom was roomy and exceptionally clean! They offer coffee, tea and water in a guest concession area down the hall, which is a nice touch. Sitting on the porch, guests can enjoy the beautiful weather. The small bar area offers beer and wine and there is wifi throughout the hotel. We really enjoyed our low key, restful stay and recommend this place to other travelers who want to unwind in a historic, quiet location.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Looking for something just a bit more quaint and old school this is the place. I spent most of my time on the porch reading. Staff was super nice too. The don't serve food but do offer a light continental breakfast in the morning

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Super-cute, cool place with excellent customer service. Interesting vintage decor throughout the hotel, and our room had a super-comfy modern bed. This place is within walking distance to Whiskey Row and the increasing numbers of cool restaurants in downtown Prescott (eat at El Gato Azul!). Continental breakfast included the good Greek yogurt (Chobani!), bagels, fresh fruit, and coffee. On either side of the hotel is a gastro-pub and coffee shop. Would definitely come back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
VendomeHotelPrescott, Manager at Hotel Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us, we're so happy you enjoyed your stay, the location and the breakfast! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We have stayed there over the last 5-7 years and always enjoy the antiques and old feel of a old time boarding house. The lobby bar area is nice and employees are super friendly. Rooms and beds are comfortable and clean. Like the old style tub but some may not like the plastic shower curtain. The old chain pull toilet is unique. Breakfast used to be nice with fresh fruit, jams, waffles made by host, etc. Now there are small bagels cut in half sideways probably the bought at a grocery store, a few prices of fruit in a bowl, little packets of jam and that's it. Coffee is good but look to eat somewhere else. There is a large porch upstairs and down. Wonderful to have your morning coffee or evening glass of wine out there.

Room Tip: Upstairs for more quiet night.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us over the years, we appreciate your visit and comments we are pleased to hear you still enjoy your overall visit. With regards to breakfast, we have realized many of our guests prefer to go elsewhere with a hot breakfast or bigger lunch so we have made the breakfast lighter with coffee, bagels, orange juice, fresh fruit and yoghurt enough to help people get started in the day. Apologies you didn't enjoy it as much, but we take this on board and hope to see you again to enjoy the porch with coffee or wine.