“Best dining experience of our life”
Review of Cafe Monarch

Cafe Monarch
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Monarch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,379 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$75 - US$140
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Café Monarch, in Old Town Scottsdale, is a family-owned and operated restaurant offering an ultra-romantic setting for your birthday, anniversary, special occasion, or extravagant night out. The four-course menu is altered weekly and features local, organic, sustainable and premium ingredients. In addition to the consistent quality of food and service, Café Monarch continuously evolves the menu, dining room, and service standards. All with the objective of maintaining a vibrant and beloved guest experience. All servers are trained through the Court of Master Sommeliers program, all having extensive food and wine knowledge.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We booked to celebrate my husband's birthday and everything was PERFECT. The ambience is beautiful and EVERY SINGLE staff member was outstanding. We would like to especially thank our waiter Chris who was friendly, professional and efficient. Highly recommend trying as much variety as possible because every dish was outstanding. 2 meals (4 course tasting), add on (soft shell crab was fantastic) and 2 wine flights ran around $400. We have paid double that for half the experience at other tasting menu restaurants. Excellent without being pretentious!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Cafe Monarch was voted the number 1 Romantic Restaurant in America by someone. It really is very romantic, whatever the rating. But I go for the Experience of Fine Dining, and the evening was just that. They serve only four course fixed price dinners, with options for each course. The four of us had different choices, and without exception, truly enjoyed all the courses. Our waiter was most attentive, and his wait staff was very considerate of us when they served each course. The prices are not cheap, but you pay for the total dining experience, and for all that you get, the price is quite fair.
We go to Scottsdale every year, and will definitely come back again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Cafe Monarch provided 360 degrees of excellence - from our arrival at the restaurant to our departure. "White or black napkin ma'am." The food was delicious, unique, but not bizarre. The service from all the staff was impeccable.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This will be one of those rare reviews for me where I have absolutely nothing negative to say. No hiccups, no challenges, no areas for improvement. Nothing but praise...I must be slipping in my old age. I took the family to Cafe Monarch over the weekend to celebrate a couple of birthdays. Reservation at 7pm for 6 people. We showed up at 6:40 with 2/3 of our party, and expected to have a seat at the bar, and wait for everyone else to show up. A very nice surprise that they said no problem, that our table was ready, and they were more than happy to seat us without everyone being there. Good start. John was our waiter, and he and the support staff were awesome (make sure to ask him about wine choices as his knowledge is extensive). Amongst our group we pretty much covered all the possibilities for the first three courses. I thought I had chosen best with the cauliflower soup, but my wife reined me in with a bite of her clam chowder. For the entrees, we had the pork chop, the surf and turf trio (2), lamb (2), and the seafood risotto. I honestly can’t say which one was my favorite as they were all excellent. Dessert was flourless chocolate cake and the spiced rum cake. Rum cake all the way for me, although full disclaimer, chocolate desserts are never at the top of my list. So, great service and phenomenal food. Yes, it was expensive, but that is as close as I will come to any sort of downside. My wife and I are already planning our anniversary trip.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We decided to take our son and his girlfriend for his 33rd birthday.

The place is romantic, beautiful, comfortable. Mike was our bar tender and he made the best Vieux Carré cocktail. It was my first time having it and it was absolutely fantastic. The servers, sommelier, and hostesses were beyond and above first class—excellent customer service.

We went for the four-course menu. It was absolutely delicious. My husband started with the roasted cauliflower soup, the second course was the lump crab salad. Both were delicious. The third course I had the fi tuna and my husband had the braised Neman ribs—once again delicious. For the fourth course I had the lamb which was done to perfection. My husband had the surf and turf which he loved. For dessert we shared a rum cake. The wines were delicious and the selection was extensive.

It was an awesome evening. It is well worth the trip to Cafe Monarch. If I could give it a 6 stars, I would.

2  Thank Yolande B