“Casual Late lunch”
Review of Kodo sushi sake

Kodo sushi sake
Ranked #281 of 1,404 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Excellent selection on the menu of sushi, sashimi, and rolls. A variety of cooked foods are also available

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Fantastic! This place was really fabulous! I like to think of myself as a sushi/sashimi snob (LOL) and this place rates right up there with the bombdiggity best. The chefs were so generous and kind, the food just amazing! We were starving when we arrived so we over ordered but that's our own fault AND in a good way, it gave us the chance to enjoy sooooo many of their delicious foods! The (O) Toro was melt in your mouth, the black rice gave the Sake Sushi an amazing little extra yummy flavor (the sake itself was delish!); the hamachi kama was buttery goodness, the tuna poke had a little spice to it that made it amazing, along with the avocado, "noodles" and whatever else they put in there too! The Crazy Roll was just awesome! & We ordered but then sadly cancelled the Oasis roll only because if we ate anymore we would have burst, but it looked AMAZING! This spot is in a weird location in North Scottsdale, in the back of a strip mall so it's kind of hard to find/see from the road (Uber driver was stumped), but it is definitely worth looking for! The ambience and decor are so beautiful, the little zen garden where I thought a hibachi table was is gorgeous!!! Quieter than I expected for a Saturday night but that was totally fine by us since we got a front and center sushi bar seat and got to talk with the chefs. Nicely done!!! Look forward to coming back soon!!!!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Went here with my grandmother for a quick lunch during shopping. What amazing sushi! I had the poke and my grandmother had the shrimp tempura roll— both incredible! I love the purple rice. The interior is beautifully decorated and the bathrooms were spotless. 10/10!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Phenomenal quality of fish! It was $60 for 2 people to get super full. We sat at the sushi bar and what we ordered was good, but at the end of our meal one of the chefs gave us a couple samples and they were amazing. I think if you’re not too picky you should definitely just ask for recommendations

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Have been at most Sushi places in Phoenix/Scottsdale.... this is simply the best. For what you get, the portions are large, the fish is extremely fresh, and the staff very helpful. The food here can range from sauced up rolls to the simple taste of pure fish, and everything between... something for every palette. They seem to place a small dollop of flavor (mostly a bit spicy) with each offering, and this brings the sushi to an entirely different level. I am not sure why it is so good, but it is.. Any sushi fan should try Kodo!

Date of visit: January 2018