Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Eugene O
Atlanta, Georgia

What a great property made for a relaxing trip to scottsdale! Thank you Max, Grace and Roselia

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 May 2024
What an amazing property! I am a frequent traveler and my wife is very particular about properties and this met all our needs. Kudos to Max, Grace and Roselia (more to come on them)! As far as the property itself from the super clean and updated rooms to the exciting common areas with plenty to do and great for both families and work conferences (We have done both here) to the top tier staff I can't think of a better place to stay in Scottsdale. My family and I have stayed at hotels around the world and we have seen the good and bad of service and one of the best if not best we have seen is the Westin Keirland Resort and Spa and specifically Max at the front desk, Grace in the spa and Roselia in housekeeping. All of these staff members went above and beyond and helped us have an amazing experience. I saw first hand Max working with multiple customers at once and each time even when delivering bad or good news with that same contagious smile and great attitude focused on the customer needs even when he had limited options. Later I happen to see Max doing things with his fellow staff members that might have seemed below his role but he stepped up and just constantly working and doing his part in making the property amazing. I fully enjoyed my interaction with him a few times and saw his hard work in both in the property over all and his front desk staff that was so nice. Grace was the definition of her name! She runs a great spa with full services and she was able to help me with late check out while I was at the pool with a delayed flight and with spa services skin care earlier in our stay... who can do that all in one! She even went the extra mile to leave me a message about a question I had. Her spa was super clean and had great services and offerings for all types of people make sure to try it out and use the Gym. Thank you Grace for all your help. Also the pools are great and I especially like the private adult pool. Roselia with the housekeeping team and I interacted in the hallway and she was so helpful and it was clear of her work as our room was perfectly cleaned and she even laid out and organized all my items to a level of a ritz staff! The room was perfect every day without question! THANK YOU WESTIN KEIRLAND FOR A GREAT STAY. What great people! The Westin Kierland is lucky to have such amazing staff and to go with an amazing property. Book it.....you won't be disappointed.
Date of stay: May 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 11 May 2024
Dear eugeneo1065,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa and for your detailed review. We are thrilled to learn you and your wife had a great time with us and that our immaculate and thoughtfully crafted accommodations exceeded your expectations. It was also a pleasure reading how much you loved our devoted hospitality. Our associates are dedicated to delivering an excellent experience to all of our guests, and it will be an honor to pass along your gracious compliments. Knowing that you left inspired and recharged is a vital part of our commitment to our guests' well-being.

Furthermore, we are glad our refreshing resort amenities, especially Agave, The Arizona Spa & Salon, and our Adult Aguamiel Pool added to the enjoyment of your visit. Thank you for your loyalty to our resort and for your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming both of you back very soon.

RM 756
    RM 749
11.1 km from The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
View more hotels in Scottsdale
3,131 results
All reviews lazy river golf course flow rider adventure pool adult pool bagpipe player heavenly bed outdoor mall fire pit family pool scottsdale quarter pool area kids club great shopping ping pong self parking spring break
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2024

I've never stayed in a hotel with such an astronomically stupid fundamental design. The entire building literally WRAPS AROUND THE OPEN-AIR BAR/COURTYARD. So if you've been assigned one of the inside rooms, you're treated to the sounds of partiers until all hours.

It's 12:30am as I write this, and the party is going full swing. It's impossible to sleep.

I called down to the front desk, and they told me that there are no quiet hours, no time when the loud guests are required to clear out. They said they'd send security out there to ask them to keep it down, but, of course, it made no difference.

Like nobody could have figured out that noise would be a problem if you wrapped the guest rooms around a huge open-air bar!?

Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Marriott Hotels, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2024

Dear davidpT4623PK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Scottsdale. We appreciate your feedback as your comments allow us the opportunity to focus on areas where we can exceed expectations. Thank you for your assistance as we work to strengthen our guest experience. We hope that you will provide us with another chance to show you the exceptional stay for which we are known.

Reviewed 3 May 2024

This is good for families - but I didn't know why the rating was so high. They don't allow rollaways. Room was fine. Plain. They didn't give me the upgrade I was entitled to for Bonvoy. Bonvoy status seems not to matter much anymore. Breakfast not included. Breakfast buffet was ok. The tea was good. The pool was ok. The bar wasn't open on one side. Wait staff was few and it took a while to get food and the order was wrong. The lazy river doesn't MOVE forward and it was filled with leaves and debris. It wasn't anything special at all. The gym was nice. The lobby is nice. Check in staff - meh. My teens felt like they were treated like babies. Lots of malls and restaurants in the area...that was a plus. Great hibachi place that is loud and boisterous and young.

Room tip: They don't do rollaways. The pool was dirty. the lazy river didn't flow and got stuck a lot, very slow! No breakfast included. OVERPRICED.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marriott Hotels, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2024

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a valued Marriott Bonvoy member and for taking the time to write a review. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional stay to our guests; therefore, we apologize for letting you down. We will share your feedback with our associates to ensure our loyal travelers are receiving the experience they expect and deserve. Your comments are a valuable part of ensuring that our services align with the benefits you rightfully expect as a member. Furthermore, we are sorry for your unpleasant front desk experience and for the service issues you endured at our bar. Please be assured we will follow up on this appropriately and will take measures to ensure we focus on providing attentive, seamless hospitality to our guests. Meanwhile, your remark regarding the pool condition has been noted and shared accordingly. On a positive note, we are glad to know you liked our inviting lobby and convenient location, as well as our well-equipped WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio. We hope you will give us another chance to make a better impression.

Reviewed 3 May 2024

First, off we paid $20 a day, for $80 total, for never using any resort facilities. We were in meetings all day and night. And the first warning of this was when we were checking in, buried in the check-in printout; no place else.
Various websites say parking is free and in fact there are no control gates or monitoring at the self-parking lot. Half the guests knew to just lie and say they weren’t parking here but we were honest and thus got hit with another fee of $20 a day for four days, for still another $80 total.
We only stayed here because of the conference we were attending but only after the fact were we told we would not earn Bonvoy points because our hotel stay was coordinated with the conference event. Even though we checked in and otherwise used the Marriott app, thereby saving still more overhead for whoever really owns this property.
And finally, various GPS apps took us and many others to the wrong Westin Kierland resort. Marriott somehow doesn’t care about making the distinction between two properties with nearly identical names.
Marriott spends a fortune trying to get us to stay at their brands but a property owner such as this one totally undermines any loyalty to Marriot.

Room tip: If you are self-parking, don't tell them. Half the guests lie and thus avoid the $20 nightly fee. Websites even say it's free.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Marriott Hotels, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2024

Dear TravelWarrior200,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We were disappointed to read about the trouble you experienced in locating our resort. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as we are always striving to improve our guest satisfaction. Furthermore, we regret your disappointment with the additional charges. In addition, regarding the earning of Bonvoy points, we apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding. We will review your comments with the appropriate individuals, and we are grateful for your patience during this time.

Reviewed 20 April 2024

Very mixed experience. The disconnect between what I thought I was booking and what I actually booked was huge. I understood that I was booking 2 rooms - one more of a suite with a full kitchen and a nearby or connected room with 2 queen beds for my kids. What I actually had was a casita that had nothing you would describe as a full kitchen - just a refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher. Oh, and a microwave. But no way to actually cook anything. There was no cutting board or sharp knife. No kitchen towels, no colanders, no cooking implements of any kind. This is a big problem for me, as I have a child with special needs who doesn't eat anything you can buy in a restaurant.

When I checked in, I was surprised to find that my kids had to be in another building to stay in a room with 2 queen beds. And I was certainly surprised to find (after I showed up with several bags of groceries) that I could not cook in the kitchen. I had spent nearly an hour booking this on the phone. Then I called the local hotel 2 days in advance to confirm what the kitchen was like before arriving. So I was shocked at the simplicity of the setup.

It didn't help that the person who checked us in did not offer us any help in getting our many bags to our rooms. All in all, a poor first day.

There are, however, quite a lot of good things to say about the rest of the visit. There's quite a lot to do on property and we enjoyed all of it. The activities (pools, basketball, ping pong, pickleball courts) provide something for everyone. The gym was great - both the hours and equipment. Many of the employees are quite nice. A special shout out to Alfred at the Flowrider - learning to do boogie board tricks was the highlight of the trip!

Room tip: Be careful - casita looks like a full kitchen but is really just a fridge/freezer, microwave, and dishwasher
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marriott Hotels, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2024

Dear SusanneGu,

We are pleased you enjoyed your overall visit to Scottsdale, and that our associates, especially Alfred, helped to make your stay memorable. It was also a pleasure reading you loved our excellent resort amenities. However, we are disappointed to learn of the issues you experienced. This will be shared appropriately, and we will use your critique as we are always striving to grow and enhance our guest services. We appreciate your patience and your feedback. Thank you for choosing us, and we hope to welcome you and your family the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 18 April 2024 via mobile

Beautiful property, but be prepared to walk 5-10 min from elevator to get to room. We were by the family pool and still a long way through a maze of hallways to get to our room. We booked this resort so our 12 yr old and 7 yr old would have plenty to do by the pool. We were disappointed to find that the Flo Rider had a fee to use, the lazy river was very slow and the waterslide is best suited for small children. We’ve been to 3 other resorts with the Flo Rider and never had to pay additional to use it. Nice to walk to shopping and restaurants, but not worry the high price for the family pool area.

Room tip: Lots of conventions, so busy lobby and coffee shop
Trip type: Travelled with family