“Fantastic, healthy food”

Ranked #467 of 1,379 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Pita Jungle “The Art of Eating Healthy”® is one of Arizona’s most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We've been here many times. We take all our visitors here as well. The food is always fresh and usually on the healthy side of things. My personal fav is the spicy chicken wrap, as it's super delicious and loaded with great vegetables. I always get at least two meals out of it. I get it "unwrapped" as it's so moist that it dissolves the wrap and I can instead enjoy the wrap with the delicious hummus trio (which they have always let us customize). My boys will even eat their veggies here with no problem. Even the mints on the way out are fantastic (key lime pie flavor).

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have been coming here for several years and have noticed the quality of the food REALLY going down hill, but this is a NEW LOW!!! When my food arrived there was a DEAD FLY IN MY SLICED CUCUMBERS!!! After pointing it out, they replaced them..............I made sure to tell them to make sure it was a FRESH NEW PLATE OF CUCUMBERS AND NOT THE SAME PLATE, MINUS THE DEAD FLY!! After the meal, the bill arrived, which surprised me! I mentioned to my waiter that after the dead fly in my food, I would have thought they might have comped my lunch? After checking with the manager, Michael, they decided to remove the 99 cent cucumbers from my bill. I was TRULY AMAZED!!! On my way from the restaurant, I spoke with Michael. He said he removed the cucumber charge from my bill and what did I expect? I said quite frankly that I would have thought they might have comped my lunch after such a DISGUSTING INCIDENT and if my continued business was important to them!. ! He seemed to totally disregard the incident as no big deal. I was shocked and VERY disappointed that Pita Jungle cared less about customer service and keeping the customer happy. It just goes to show how far this restaurant has declined over the past few years!! It used to be such a wonderful place to eat!

ThePitaJungle, Guest Relations Manager at Pita Jungle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hi Walter, we are very sorry to hear about the fly landing in your food and completely understand your frustration. We assure you, we spend countless hours working to/improving the quality of our food and finding higher quality ingredients to use. Additionally, we take food prep very seriously. We do our best to avoid situations like that, but when they do, we would of course throw out the plate of food and replace it with a new one. Many of our restaurants have open patios (like this one) which makes it challenging to completely avoid an issue like this, however, we do everything we can to prevent them from occurring. That being said, we clearly did not handle this situation to your satisfaction and would like the ability to do so. Would you please email us at service@pitajungle.com so we can get into direct contact with you? Thank you very much for caring enough to share your experience with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon and taking care of this to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Ordered through online with delivery via GrubHub...food missing and had to go pick up in ferocious pending storm...lightning/thunder/wind, so as not to incur another GrubHub delivery fee. Manager surly when I got there, told me she offered to deliver but it was never mentioned when I called about missing food. Tried to make peace offering with piece of carrot cake which I threw away...too sweet. Don't order from them for pick up or GrubHub delivery!!!

ThePitaJungle, Guest Relations Manager at Pita Jungle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Hi Kathie, we responded to your post on Yelp as well and would appreciate you getting into direct contact with us. As stated, We are very sorry to hear about your experience and how this was handled. We are looking into this right now to figure out how to best handle our relationship with GrubHub and the other delivery companies. There is not doubt if we received the order correctly and didn't fulfill it correctly, that's on us. The added measure of the driver checking the order would be an added benefit. We will be reviewing our to-go order process and ensuring we do a better job going forward. This is not the level of service we have become known for and fully expect and would like the opportunity to make this right for you. Would you please email us at service@pitajungle.com so we can connect directly? Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We had a great lunch. My gyro was very good - although no sides came with the sandwich. The meat was really moist and the cucumbers/pickles were perfect. My staff had the salmon salad and she said it was perfectly cooked

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Always good and so delicious. Easy stop on the way home. Mediterranean chichen salad and great falafel