3,311 results
All reviews gondola ride mineral pool canyon market swb restaurant southwest bistro sand beach adult pool nightly entertainment pool area golf course lobby bar self parking beautiful grounds spring break common areas scottsdale resort family pool
Reviewed 1 April 2018

delightful hotel. The staff is amazing. John at the Grotto bar is extremely personable with the guest. Cristoff and Robert in Alto's are friendly and knowledgable. The Concierge staff, including Mary, Tony and Tammi are as good as there are in the business. Peloton bike in the fitness center-the best!!! Brenda in SWB is witty, charming and and fun.
hotel really caters to the families during spring break. Rooms are spacious and clean. The lobby bar and live entertainment nightly creates a great vibe.
Thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Way too crowded during Easter week.

Disclaimer, booked on Hyatt points for a 3 night stay. I have stayed in many a nice hotel. Appearance wise this place has the potential to be a 5 star hotel but falls well short, 3 star is more like it.

When we finally checked into our room it seemed decent. We did not realize the room was directly over a restaurant and close to the kids pool. Kids yelling and splashing around til 10 pm. Not a big deal.
But the restaurant starts prepping at 530 am which we awoke to workers talking and pots and pans clanking. We did get
Our room moved day 2 and it was much quieter and nicer.

Pool area: way way to crowded. People play the towel game and no seats to be had at all until after lunch time. The food at the pool was horrible. Nuggets, burgers, bad salads and fruit plates. To be a high end hotel they should make some high end food available. Pool service was ok. 20 min for a drink, 30 min for the food.

Gym was great.

Sushi bar was great

Regency club was good for breakfast, not so good, zero for lunch, poor wines late afternoon.

Probably would not stay here again even on a less crowded week. Andez was better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank cowboysfan9874
Daniel K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to provide your feedback. There is no question that this is the time of year when families descend on the resort and water playground. You definitely were here one of the busiest weeks of the year. Please know that I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments. I apologize for the concerns you have shared, but know that your comments will help us make the proper adjustments to ensure a better guest experience during the spring break time periods. We hope that you might consider a return visit so that we can show you our true Hyatt Regency Scottsdale hospitality...perhaps not over spring break!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Wow what a beautiful property! Lovely views, lovely pool, nice golf course. We stayed over spring break so it was crowded but Hyatt has spring down to a science and we had excellent service by the pool and in the restaurants. Rooms appear to have been recently updated and are modern and comfortable with a huge TV. Lots of fun kid activities everyday and nightly live music in the lobby. We had a great time and didn't want to leave, Highly recommend for families of all sizes and ages.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank good2goAustin_TX
Daniel K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback and for choosing to stay at our little desert oasis. I look forward to sharing your glowing compliments with our staff. They take great pride in their resort and it means a lot to them to know that our guests leave with smiles on their faces. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We reserved a room months ago for our kids spring break week. We reserved a room with two queens as four of us would be traveling (my husband and I, two kids 6 and 8 years old). We drove 6 hours to the resort, excited to experience everything we had read in the reviews; waterslides, awesome pool, excellent service, etc. When we arrived, the scenery was beautiful and the hotel lobby was impressive. The lobby opened up completely to beautiful, manicured grounds. The check in desk was well staffed and I was instantly greeted. I was then told that the hotel was overbooked and the room I booked months ago was not available. The hotel "upgraded" me to a room that overlooked the pool....with ONE king bed. I told the check in agent that one bed would not suffice. I have two children and I didn't think it was acceptable that they should have to sleep on a rollaway bed or "air mattress" that was offered. She said there was nothing they could do, they were completely full. I decided to head to the room and re-assess the situation once I saw the accommodations. The roll away TWIN bed was brought to our room. So that left room for 3 of us to sleep, but we were still short accommodations for our second child. I called the front desk and voiced my opinion. I was again told they could send up pillows and blankets but another rollaway bed wasn't an option because of fire code. We spent our two days extra "cozy" with our kid in our bed with us and our other child on a rollaway bed. The hotel agent did discount our rate and refunded the resort fees, but I am so disappointed in the level of service we received on this trip. I reserved a room well in advanced and was prepared to pay the $500 a night rate so we could all sleep comfortably during our trip. While the discount was appreciated for the inconvenience, I think it is shameful that the hotel oversold rooms that were already promised to people.

While at the resort, we had lunch at the SWB. Service started off ok but by the end of the meal, we had to track our waiter down to get our bill to pay. We then ventured to the pool. If you are looking for a clean, relaxing pool with excellent drink service...do not stay here. Every seat was full, the pool was SWARMED with families on spring break and drink service took over half an hour every time. My husband ended up just walking to the bar and bringing the drinks back. The pool water was cloudy, someone allowed their child to take sand from the beach entry and pour it on the pool deck. We have children and knew that the resort was family friendly but this place was overwhelmed by families on spring break. We were expecting a vacation where the kids could enjoy themselves and we could still relax by the pool, but this was not the experience we had.

On the positive side, the hotel is conveniently located close to Salt River Field for spring training ball (which we were able to experience) and is within walking distance to some nice restaurants.

If you're looking for romance and relaxation, keep looking. If you're looking for the ChuckECheese of Scottsdale resorts, you will love your experience here.

Stayed: March 2018
5  Thank Courtney C
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We did a lot of research before choosing a location - for us we actually cancelled at the Biltmore to stay here because it seemed more kid friendly and had the Camp Hyatt which took a four year old. In the end, we had a nice trip but I was disappointed overall that I had made that change. We went before the spring break rush and it seemed to be mostly conference goers - but we paid $1800 for three nights for just the room. Those are Biltmore, Four Seasons prices etc. If you are going to charge those rates, you MUST step up your game.

Pros:
Room: We had a premium view and it was very quiet and a really nice view of the water, with ducks. The patio was very large which was nice with a kid to give them more space to roam. The room was clean and well maintained, nothing special but nothing wrong with it either.

Gondola Rides: My son loved this, we went on twice during our stay. They should include this though for guests if you eat/drink at other places other than Alto - you could just set a spend minimum and show your receipt for vouchers. It was short, so I don't think I would pay the $$ out of pocket but included it was very nice. Bring $$ to tip though.

Valet: Always fast, responsive and friendly. Offered bottled water which was nice since they charge $3 in the room for them.

Check-in: Very friendly and efficient - the offering of juice to the kids and cocktails for the adults was a nice touch for a Hyatt.

Cons:
Concierge/Cabana: We reserved a Cabana for one of our days there - I was worried there would be too many kids and not enough seats. I specifically said we had a four year old and that we wanted to be near the pool area w/ the sand for the younger kids. I was told the one they picked was a great option. I wish I had taken a pic, but it was SO far away from that area. It was set back on the other side of the pool back by the large slide. No issue with cancelling, but I have booked cabanas at a lot of hotels and usually you get a map so you understand the location and pictures of what they look like - nothing was provided and it could have avoided the disappointment.

Kids Camp: This is a con and a pro. The first day our son was signed up to go, we were running 15-20 mins late and they called the room asking if he was coming. So we got moving and got him down there to find there were ZERO other children. Why would they have not told me this when they called the room? Or proactively called to see what we wanted to do. We had no time to plan around it, had to cancel our plans and go back to get him. No kid wants to be down there alone. We did have him go one other night for a few hours and he did have a lot of fun - just validate kids will be there and probably the age if that matters.

The other note on the Concierge, they never sent a summary of what we booked. I have always had a Concierge email me to confirm our bookings. I had to call to confirm the details as we booked a ways in advance. Again would have been nice given the $$.

Kids Activities: Was very limited for a four year old. While they had a nice agenda planned, it was almost a negative since he would see all this cool stuff - almost none of which he could participate in. Expanding to have 1-2 things a day for younger kids would be a nice value add - especially during school break season.

Restaurants: Overall, just so inconsistent and overpriced. We had some very good appetizers at Alto, but most of the rest of the two meals fell flat. The second night, the service was painfully slow - our son had finished his meal 20+ min before we saw appetizers. We asked to just have it packed to go. A Manager did then come up to ask what was happening, but our waiter avoided us like the plague - never even apologized or explained the delay. Extra odd since we had him the night before and zero issues and we tipped over 20%. They took care of the meal proactively which was very nice - but worth calling out that you may also have issues here. Breakfast was good, we ordered off the menu - service again was MIA most of the meal unless they were delivering food or taking an order.

Tip: Bring a reusable water bottle. They charge for bottled and there are great filtered water stations throughout the property.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family