We were here for 4.5 days in October, to see Jimmy Buffett on Thursday night and the Steelers on Sunday. Despite the fact that Scottsdale is on the other side of Phoenix from these venues, we picked the Phoenician.
Much has been written thus far about the opulence of this resort, and most of it is true.
Golf, biking, hiking, tennis, swimming are all available without leaving the resort. The equipment is all new-ish and up to date, and the rec area featuring the clubhouse and tennis garden are an easy walk from the main building.
There are several bars/lounges in the resort, but as a warning, they are all very low-key. If you're looking for nightlife, you're going to have to leave the Phoenician. In fact, the only live entertainment while we were there was a guitarist that can only be described as "coma-inducing" playing in the main lobby off of the Thirsty Camel bar. This was really the only drawback to the entire resort.
The staff though, is what makes this place. From the valet to the front desk to housekeeping to the bartenders, tennis staff, pool staff and grounds crew, everyone was on top of their game. You never passed a staff member in a hallway without being greeted, and on more than one occasion, they even asked out of the blue how our stay was and if there was anything that they could do for us.
There are several pools, including one that is "adult-only". Getting chairs was not a problem, as the pool staff continuously monitored unused chairs and replaced old towels with new, and moved belongings to a common area where they could be picked up by their owners. Great idea to keep people from "reserving" chairs at 9:00 AM only to not return until 2:00 PM. We've all seen that at every resort.
If you're looking for a relaxing place to get away from it all, The Phoenician in Scottsdale is an excellent choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale