Aloft Scottsdale(Scottsdale)
US$86
Aloft.com
US$99
US$78
The Saguaro Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$109
Talking Stick Resort(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$149
Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$135
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

The McCormick Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$76
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$159
Hyatt.com
US$239
US$189
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$241/night.

Bespoke Inn(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$135
2,321 results
All reviewscactus gardencamelback mountainil terrazzothirsty camelgolf courserelish burger bistromain buildingturn down servicefitness centercasita roomcanyon suitesspa treatmentspool staffgolf clubself parkingice watertennis courts
Reviewed 25 September 2008

I had the worst experience possible at the Phoenician in Scottsdale, Arizona.

First of all, the room seemed dirty and not what you would expect at ALL from a FIVE-STAR DIAMOND RESORT hotel... I would have rather stayed in my home city at the Drake in Chicago, but I wanted some sun.

Missing Wedding Ring and Chanel Ring:
The second morning of our stay, when we woke-up, the maid was standing outside the door waiting to come in and entered the room while we were in it. Note: she did not swipe her card. I accidently left my wedding rings on the night table. Well, I walked five to ten feet down the hallway and realized--in fright--that the rings were not on my fingers! We turned around and ran back to the room to the night table. In horror, we realized the rings were GONE. For some reason, the maid, even though she did not know what we lost, started looking for the rings!!!!

During the entire vacation we are talking to our insurance company and the police. We were talking to the management at the hotel, etc. Plus, I am on an emotional rollercoaster the entire vacation.

Well, to make a long story short, we finally get a call from the hotel while we are boarding our plane and they say "WE RETRIEVED THE RINGS FROM THE ROOM." This is six days later, after my husband and I moved furniture, looked between matresses and in closets, took off sheets and went through every piece of that room starting from one corner to the next every single day. Even the deck that we did not sit on. I will mention that the same maid was waiting for us to leave on the last day.

Final Note: After six days of a completely ruined vacation with police, the insurance company and hotel executive staff, the hotel offered NO COMPENSATION ON ANYTHING!!!!

We have asked for compensation from this hotel, and I was nice enough to not make a scene when we were leaving. However, we have not heard anything back from them.

Can you imagine if something happened to you while you were staying there and you did not receive any compensation? Pretty pathetic.

A Very Unhappy Guest
Chicago, IL

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank terrylowen
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Beautiful, well maintained property and professional, attentive staff. I really don't know what more you could want.

We came with a large group that pretty much took the whole place over. The service in this circumstance was outstanding. From our perspective, everything went very smoothly. Even the banquet food (which I don't have high expectations for) was surprisingly excellent.

Loved the water slide!

We had a wonderful, relaxing long weekend.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Msk6261
Reviewed 14 September 2008

The most pleasurable getaway we have had. The Canyon Suires accomadations are marvelous. The suite was bigger than my wifes home! The staff is always attentive to your needs, and go out of their way to show it. They remember your name and appear to be interested in you as a patron. The management is to be commended for their training and oversight.

By the way, unlike many other hotels we have stayed at, Valet Parking was at NO additional charge.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cheatedbyoutrigger
Reviewed 13 September 2008

This was our third trip to Scottsdale and decided to try a new resort so we decided to book 4 nights at the Phoenician. Upon arrival our check in was quick and the staff was attentive. The resort grounds are beautiful, and the location at the base of Camelback mountain is breathtaking. Our room was in good condition and spacious.

Now you are probably wondering why is this only rated at 2 stars. Well to make a long story short, I took a star off for every cockroach me or my wife had to kill in our nicely appointed room. Yes that is right, 3 cockroaches in 4 nights at a supposed 5 star resort???? Unbelievable. I have stayed at other resorts and had no such issues. I've even stayed at many economy chain hotels without this lack of pest control. Thankfully they left an umbrella in the room which we used to kill them. I'm hoping that this wasn't the intended purpose of leaving an umbrella in the suite. I voiced my concern at check out and all I got was a "well I'll write that down, but besides that did you have a good stay"??. So in case they didn't write it down and didn't take any further pest control action, and you are about to check in, just say no to Suite 7121.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank johnicho19
Reviewed 12 September 2008

…at summer rates, anyway. Stayed here three nights over Labor Day Weekend on a AAA deal at $167 per night, with a Camelback view. Everything at the resort is on a grand scale, yet not overwhelming, with the exception of it being a bit of a maze to get to some rooms. The lobby has a real wow factor, from the large fountain to the high-ceilinged sitting area with a terrace opening off it… spectacular. I’m something of a hotel bar junkie, so that lobby lounge terrace overlooking the entire Valley of the Sun really impressed me.

Rooms are large and supremely comfortable and soothing. Lots of tans and sage greens, with some additional color provided by striking desert botanical prints on the walls. There’s plenty of storage/closet/shelf space and a very large-screen TV. Balconies are also very sizeable with a full-length chaise, plus table and chairs. The only complaint I could think of in the rooms is that the nice oval soaking tubs are quite shallow. I would think you would want to carefully consider view at this resort, as there wasn’t a great deal of difference in price for room categories, but there was a great deal of difference in view quality. I had the Camelback/cactus garden view on the rear of the hotel, which was quite nice and panoramic. There’s also the view of the Valley, same as the lobby terrace—these rooms also overlook the pool complex. But there would be some rooms with views of the entranceway or a rooftop, so if view is important to you, specify what you want.

The pool area is spectacular, with waterfalls and lots of angles and cubbyholes, as well as large open swimming areas. Set off to one side was a small courtyard fountain pool with beautiful tiling. It was usually not at all crowded, so if all you wanted to do was lounge in the water, you might try there if there was too much activity at the main pool. I have to give a special nod to the service at the Oasis pool bar—some really good sandwiches and wonderful servers. If the drinks “come out a little big,” then you get the extra. The Centre for Well-Being spa, despite the pretentious name, offers great massages and an impressive relaxation area with sleep-inducing zero-gravity chairs.

I’m not much on golf or tennis, but I did hear lots of guests praising those facilities. I do enjoy hiking, and it’s about a fifteen minute walk on surface streets to get to the trailhead for Camelback Mountain. This hike is moderately difficult, but definitely worth the effort for the views. You get spectacular panoramas of the valley, including the resort. The best views are the first forty-five minutes or so of the trail, so you can make a round trip from your room in about two hours.

The only thing The Phoenician is lacking at the moment is a true signature restaurant. There’s a Jean-Georges Vongerichten steakhouse scheduled to open this fall in place of Mary Elaine’s, so that will probably correct the deficiency. The two primary restaurants now are Windows on the Green, at the golf clubhouse; and Il Terrazzo, in the main building. Both are solid, if not spectacular, and offer a wide variety of dishes. I can recommend the gnocchi with wild boar ragout at Il Terrazzo and the quail at Windows. There are a few more casual, cheaper places sprinkled around. Room service serves the Il Terrazzo menu and was very speedy both times I used it.

There wasn’t a single service mis-step in my three days. Everyone was unfailing pleasant, efficient, and knowledgeable. Housekeeping came and went without ever interrupting, so there seems to be a real effort to be inconspicuous about servicing the rooms.

Some other quick notes:
• The ExecuCar service is handy and costs no more than a cab, so should you need to leave the property it’s there.
• Ice is delivered by room service, but there are also ice machines in the housekeeping closets, which aren’t locked.
• Lon’s at the Hermosa is worth the trip for dinner outside the resort

I’m already planning my trip for next 4th of July so I can see the fireworks around the Valley from the lounge terrace.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo