This was our 4th visit to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and our 3rd stay at the Phoenician. As always, our expectations were met and we were not disappointed with our investment. Everything and everyone from the moment we drove up to the property to our last goodbye to the staff at the Ice Cream Parlor/Cafe was beautiful. The rooms are fantastic, clean, comfortable and abundant with luxury. This year we were upgraded to a Casita - which was so much fun and a thrill for us...we would have been satisfied with a regular room but how nice to be welcomed for our anniversary and our third stay with such a nice upgrade. A bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries awaited us with a nice handwritten note by the Manager welcoming us back and wishing us well on our anniversary.
We travel the same week each year - Labor Day weekend to the Saturday that follows. It isn't in season for Arizona, so we already get a break on the cost - I suppose people think we're crazy for sitting in the sun at 112 degrees BUT it's a dry heat. The staff at the Phoenician always treat us like we're special no matter what time of year it is. We started this year in Tucson and spent Labor Day weekend counting down the days until we returned to Scottsdale.
The restaurants on property are all fabulous. Diverse menus and terrific staff - everyone wants to be sure you're comfortable and it doesn't seem fake. It's as if we were family. What my husband and I have grown to realise is that the Phoenician hires happy people who generally seem really happy to be working on the property. What we really like is that we see the same faces year after year. Even the housekeeping staff greet you with smiles and do such a nice job of keeping your room neat. I love what they do with all of our mess of travel brochures, magazines and all of our toilettries! We always feel safe and secure.
On our 2nd visit, we stayed at the Fairmount Princess and we were so disappointed. We kept going back to the Phoenician to hang out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, situated on 250 acres at the base of Camelback Mountain. From May through September 2017, The Phoenician will be undergoing extensive enhancements to its signature public areas. During this time, the main lobby, front desk, pool complex, spa and select dining venues will be closed. These services and amenities will be available at alternate locations on the resort grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale