Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Old Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationmarriott courtyardfront deskcollette tourclean hotel with comfortable bedstypical courtyardwithin walking distanceuber rideplatinum memberexcellent breakfastlight sleeperdecent sizewould definitely stay here againnice pool areawe've stayedpool and hot tubshort walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

An average property in a good location. It's a very easy walk to Old Town Scottsdale. Pool is fine, hot tub is big. Bathroom is small. Across the street is a great place for breakfast or lunch, US Egg.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
BrianR-GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Our location brings many guests back over and over again. OUr pool is a popular place for guests to gather to enjoy the beautiful weather! Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is above average for the typical Courtyard. I highly recommend it for the location, nicely furnished rooms, updated throughout, noise quality. Even on a busy road, you can get a good night's rest here. The pool and spa are nice as well but skip the cafe and head into nearby town by walking a few blocks for many nice options.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
BrianR-GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your exceptional experience at our Courtyard with other travelers. Our location offfers many options for dining and events. We hope to have earned your trust as the best hotel choice for your future trips to our city. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We made a last minute reservation and I mean last minute for an arrival in the middle of the night. So of course I wasn’t expecting an upgrade or any other benefits as a Platinum member. We ended up getting the last room so I was just grateful for that. Front desk at check-in was not overly friendly I would have to say. However, rest of stay was fine with no surprises whether good or bad. Only advice I would give to anyone that is a light sleeper is to understand where your room is relative to the main intersection where the hotel grounds are situated.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where your room is located relative to the major intersection outside the hotel.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BrianR-GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Welcome to Scottsdale! We appreciate your business and thank you for telling others about your experience. With our beautiful weather, plus spring training and spring break travel, our room flexibility is limitied. We wish your stay had been perfect from start to end. Please visit again whenever your travels bring you back to our city.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Good
- Less than a 10 minute walk to Scottsdale stadium and Old Town
- The hotel has all the amenities of the Courtyard Marriott that you expect
- $8/daily parking
- Spacious room
- It's across the street from US Eggery which has the best protein pancakes
- Balconies available

The Tolerable
- "Enhanced" internet access was choppy on the third floor facing the front of the hotel
- Street noise will keep you up if you're a light sleeper (I told the front desk I was a light sleeper but still got the room. More on the front desk later).
- Pillows were too soft

The Front Desk
- Polite but I wouldn't consider them friendly or helpful
- Though no one has ever told me if it's exact protocol, but as a Gold Elite Member, I expect to be thanked for my loyalty; that didn't happen
- Also as a Gold Member, I requested via mobile app, late checkout and eligibility for a room upgrade. Front desk did not address either benefit to me.
- I was not told of the hotel's amenities (such as hours for the Bistro, pool and fitness center). For example, I found out about the daily happy hour because I overheard a receptionist on the phone with another guest explaining the details.

What you should also note if you're considering staying at this property is the responses from the hotel. Don't they all seem like generic,cookie cutter responses to you?

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing the front of the hotel and/or near Scottsdale Rd. to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
BrianR-GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with other travelers about our hotel and amenities. We will use your comments to provide training and development for our team as your perspective goes to the core of our industry. Thank you for helping us see our behaviors through the eyes of our guests. We appreciate an opportunity to grow.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Good Courtyard just south of the "action" in Old Town Scottsdale. Only about 15 minutes to airport. Attentive staff and everything you would expect from Courtyard. If not an Platinum Elite there is an $8/night charge for parking because of it's proximity to Old Town. Nice pool and workout area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ross R
BrianR-GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

We are honored to have earned your trust as the best hotel choice in our city. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers so they can make an informed decision on where to stay.